New, and after an s2! Need some help deciding tho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, and after an s2! Need some help deciding tho

Hi everyone. I'm 22 n live in Worcester, (West Midlands) UK. I used to love the s2 as a kid and just recently realised I can now afford one!

I'd ideally like a coupe with upgraded brakes and engine parts. I'm guessing the later cars are better? I don't really know where I stand with the years/models. I've heard "ABY" and "3B" but not really sure of the significance of it. I've had a look at the buying guide on s2central and it's really helpful, but no info on the different models. Is there a website/guide anywhere to do with the variances between the cars as they were produced? What would you guys buy if you had ~£7500 to spend? year? miles? upgrades?

Cheers, Clark

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...ch_full=SEARCH

What do you guys think of this? The price seems pretty high?

Comment

looks pretty good, might be a bit overpriced though. But it really depends on how it has been treated and its overall condition
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I'd agree with Greg, that looks pretty expensive...

Main differences between the 3b and ABY versions is 10bhp advantage on the ABY, 6 speed box, dual mass flywheel and a half inch on the wheel width.......however the car weighs more than the 3b.

However regardless of which you choose, you get...

same turbo
        same choice of interior (Leather or cloth, though an ABY may come with a driver airbag - woohoo!)
        The 5 pot 20v sound
        A biiiiiig when you find the right one...!

Personally i'd go with the one with the most evidence of (anally retentive) care and maintenence rather than age to be honest. mileage & age is fine but doesn't mean much to be honest with these cars are they are bulletproof if well cared for.

Use the buying guide on S2central to know what to check for - or even better try and get someone from here to help once you think you have found the right one for pointers on what to check before handing over the cash for it.

Good luck with the hunt.....if you're looking for a pearl white one I *could* be persuaded to part with mine.........I think

Cheers
        David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks alot dave, that's just what I needed. Great news about the mileage n age vs tlc - That's pretty much what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
          X