about to become a proud new owner of an S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about to become a proud new owner of an S2

hello there. Ive put down my deposit for my 94 green S2. Its beautiful. Waiting for it to go throught the MOT so should have it early next week. Got a few questions about driving it as Ive never had a turbo before. The guy who owns it said that with a turbo, you shouldnt rev it above 6000rpm becasue of the turbo lag? Is this true? He also said that its not the sort of car to cruise around at low rpm like putting into 5th gear at 30mph. Is this true? I cant see why to be honest so id like to know from the people who know their S2s. Also, looking through the receipt history, it has had a chip from AMD. On the report, it said its around 280 bph but it loses around 70-80 through transmission etc. Is this right? or have i bought a car that doesnt have the acceleration it should do? I didnt push it too hard and didnt time 0-60 so im worried its gonna be slower than it should be. One more question - the exaust under the car looks a bit rusty. Is this to be expected or am i buying a heap of junk? It has lots of service history and has had lots spent on it, which made me confident about the car.
    Anyway help would be much appreciated it, thanks.

Moore

just remember your buying a 12/13 year old car but if it has all the service history it should be ok never floor it until your oil temp and pressures have built up i:e oil pressure should be just above 2 bar when warm at idle but should be 5 when throttle is applied but it will start at 5 when cold and drop back to just over 2 [if that makes sence]as for your exhaust if you do a search you will be able to find lots of info,iv`e had a stainless steel one fitted with a sports cat from longlife exhausts mine also has an amd chip and i can reliably imform you that you will lose some bhp but i still get 230 at the wheels but its the torque thats the killer 410nm it will pull from about 40 in 6th hope this helps a little but be prepared to have your visa ready once you start to get into this forum upgrade city here you come
    ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
    THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

I shouldnt worry about the 6krpm thing. Rev limit kicks in about 7k rpm, no problem reving it to there. Although with the standard turbo it will start to run out of puff above 6k rpm unless you have a bigger turbo fitted.

The AMD chip should give about 280hp but there was some issues on the way that the boost was regulated. I cant remember the details but it should crop up on a forum search.

If acceleration feels slower check for boost leaks but it should be fine otherwise
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
      X