Unlucky Newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlucky Newbie!

Well, I've been registered for a few weeks now, but was going to wait til I had some nice shiney pics of the beast before i introduced myself

Unfortunately that may be some time, due to a disasterous few months of S2 ownership

Firstly a crash after six days , which I thaught was all superficial damage and has now come back to haunt me...

My shiney new avant seemed to be a litttle off the pace, but wasn't sure until it cut boost on me, fortunately I'd been warned about that, so it didn't scare me as much as it might have. A visit to MRC put things right, new diverter valve required, cheers guys!

Running nicely for a couple of weeks after a service and plug change, my alternator belt shredded itself on the way to work (during some scoobie baiting fun - I will obviously claim the victory there!) as a result of my 'little prang'. Turns out I had bent the front crossmember and things were no longer where they should have been...

After a resubmitted insurance claim, its been taken away, written off by the insurance, damaged some more and then returned to me, minus the bumper grills. And all this has taken them three weeks to achieve. Insurance companies- don't ya just love 'em!

Good luck with getting the car sorted, hopefully there wont be anymore issues.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

@Newbie - what where you thinking about when you let the insurance people take the car away for this ?

A new cross-member, intercooler, bumper and alternator can be repaired / replaced at reasonable cost if you know what you are doing and can get good parts at decent prices. It shows you just how ridiculous the insurance game is in the UK if they can write off the car for what you 1st described as superficial damage...

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
        @Newbie - what where you thinking about when you let the insurance people take the car away for this ?

A new cross-member, intercooler, bumper and alternator can be repaired / replaced at reasonable cost if you know what you are doing and can get good parts at decent prices. It shows you just how ridiculous the insurance game is in the UK if they can write off the car for what you 1st described as superficial damage...

Paul
        I've seen the breakdown of parts/labour/paint now and it comes to a little over 2 and a half grand, the labour isn't expensive (£32 an hour) but they've used all new parts obviously. So it gives a good indication of what they value a 105K avant in good nick at

Comment

Thats just crazy... Audi UK pricing on these new parts is so exbortitent that it is causing the early death of these old cars.

I see insurance as a necessity to stay legal in the UK - may as go with 3PFT nowadays... If I am ever unfortunate enought to bend my S2, the last people I will be calling is the frickin insurance company.
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
          X