Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Swede - Donker

Hello S2Forum!

My name is David, and in October I became the owner of an Audi S2 Coupé, it's a '91 with the 3b from a '92. It had ABT 262-graded chips and a 3" exhaust. I re-fitted the original chip since the car runs in limp-home atm, and I need to find the reason for that.

http://agentembryo.dyndns.org/s2/s2-2.JPG

I had no intention to mod the car when I got it, but it didn't take long before I found a pair of Porsche/Brembo 4-pot calipers that are going to go on the car, probably with some 314mm A8-discs.

Been lurking for a while, registered to be able to view the pictures posted, and now taking the step to actually posting here.

I work for a large ISP in Sweden, and besides the car my interests are music and computers. I am terrible with mechanic work, but fortunatly I have a workmate who knows his way around the garage.
    Last edited by Donker; 14 December 2006, 09:54.
    S2 sold.

Welcome onto the forum, good luck with brake conversion, plenty of people have carried out this conversion now so if you need any tips im sure we can help.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks mate, I find more and more useful information here every day.

I won't be modding the breaks until I get everything else sorted though. The boost needs to go up to what it should be (got an idea of what to check) and the rear diff is about to be replaced (I think I managed to break the old one while the old bushes were on it, )
      S2 sold.

Comment

first thing to check for is boost leaks. is it a 3B or an ABY?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

It's a 3b. No apparent pressure leaks. I am suspecting a bad MFTS, since I have problems with temperature readings as well, I have a new MFTS ready for fitting. Gonna check the magnet valve as well.
          S2 sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Donker
            I had no intention to mod the car when I got it, but...

That's what we all said. Just be careful, coz that can be a very expensive 'but'.

Personally, I'd say fit the brakes first coz once you get that power you'll need them. Sort out bushes etc to tighten everything up, look at suspension mods (at least ARBs) and with the 3" exhaust you could have a very torquey and useable 280bhp.
            AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Working...
            X