No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all.
    I have just joined the forum as there are lots of references to it on the Classic Audi Forum to which I belong after getting my 1990 B3 90 20v back on the road after several years sitting under cover at the side of my house.

The car has been in my care for 23 years - in 1994 my company agreed to let me have a good quality four year old car instead of a "tin box" and I found this in Tunbridge Wells. Literally one lady driver 8,000-odd miles car in perfect condition. I drove it for four years and when it was disposed of after that time, I bought it for peanuts (written down to zero in the books) for the memsahib as a Christmas present. She drove it for nine years until she wanted a car with aircon but I couldn't bear to part with it effectively for scrap value so kept it until I retired and had to hand back my company car; except they didn't want it and gave it to me as a retirement gift. That meant an extra three years under the cover until we resurrected it for our holiday to France & Spain in September. We drove for 2,300 miles and have done another 2,700 miles in it since with only minor problems (faulty Hitachi ISV replaced with a spare I had in stock and a leaking rubber fuel hose fixed at the side of the road by travelling mechanics on the rally we were marshalling on in France). We look forward to many thousands more happy miles as I just love driving it.

Very nice, great to see one survive as most were parted out to make quick buck. Great bit of history you have with it too..
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I have a 1989 90 20V quattro sport. but will put it up for sale probably.
        1967 fiat 500 future project
        1976 audi 100 coupe S
        1989 vw corrado 16V
        1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
        1994 audi RS2 project
        1994 audi RS2 parts car
        1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

Hello and welcome over here! Lovely car- shame I couldn't make the recent meet in lowland Scotland - I 'd hope to surprise John and Colin etc by turning up (I live near Invetness) but work scuppered my plans

Comment

Welcome and very nice photo and motor where was it taken?

Comment

Welcome, thanks for sharing, good story, great providence.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                Welcome and very nice photo and motor where was it taken?
                It was taken after the coldest night of the winter so far (-5.5 deg C) on the top of Egton High Moor in North Yorkshire on our way back from Edinburgh last week.

Comment

Great story thankyou for posting

Comment

Welcome to the forum and nice story
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Welcome over here, Great history, i think you'll find this forum very useful not to mention lot's of very clever people.
                      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                      96 URS6 plus speck estate
                      94 2.6 80 Avant
                      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Welcome
                        sigpic
                        Cab 2.3E
                        90q
                        URS6

Comment

Working...