Hello from good ol' Montana!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from good ol' Montana!

Hey all, I've been on the forum awhile just hid in the back not saying much lol. I own a 1991 Audi Coupe Quattro that I'm currently swapping an AAN into. Finishing pulling the wiring harness out of my c4 S4 and then will part out the rest and focus on the coupe! Makes it kind of difficult to do some things due to not many old Audis let alone enthusiasts here in the state. Few close friends who are into them but other than that not much. Hope to really start posting and putting out some good content here and getting great feedback from everybody!

Welcome, I swapped an AAN into a B4 sedan. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Andrew
    //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Hello to you . Look forward to seeing your progress and photos regards Lynn

Comment

Hello Sir,

I remember Bozeman MT. It was spring and I was spiriting a '90 Oregon coupe back to Ontario's south coast (Canada), first to Coupeville WA off the west coast then finally east via almost California as there was too much snow in the more northern passes. This was a decade ago. I ate at the Co-Op on Main St. in Bozeman, with its solar PV panels, an electric meter running backwards and cool food. The Co-Op had long history, thousands of member-owners, gotta love the spirit of the west. The state didn't salt the mountain highway but used some fine sharp stone that they then gathered up in the spring. I was camping and just enjoying the scenery. Names like Continental Divide Trail and Big Sky just hint at the scale of the place. Nothing like the wide open spaces to calm the soul yet humble ones sense of our meager human endeavours. Didn't see another old Audi in the whole state. I had a long way to go and knew this was one of the best parts of the trip so I took my time. Your a lucky fellow to hail from there. Like your home state, this space here has some clever folk who have thankfully kept it devoid of much corporate commercial clutter, I don't know how they do it. Welcome.
        Last edited by Lago Blue; 23 June 2018, 22:37. Reason: Corrected short form for state

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
          Hello Sir,

I remember Bozeman MO. It was spring and I was spiriting a '90 Oregon coupe back to Ontario's south coast (Canada), first to Coupeville WA off the west coast then finally east via almost California as there was too much snow in the more northern passes. This was a decade ago. I ate at the Co-Op on Main St. in Bozeman, with its solar PV panels, an electric meter running backwards and cool food. The Co-Op had long history, thousands of member-owners, gotta love the spirit of the west. The state didn't salt the mountain highway but used some fine sharp stone that they then gathered up in the spring. I was camping and just enjoying the scenery. Names like Continental Divide Trail and Big Sky just hint at the scale of the place. Nothing like the wide open spaces to calm the soul yet humble ones sense of our meager human endeavours. Didn't see another old Audi in the whole state. I had a long way to go and knew this was one of the best parts of the trip so I took my time. Your a lucky fellow to hail from there. Like your home state, this space here has some clever folk who have thankfully kept it devoid of much corporate commercial clutter, I don't know how they do it. Welcome.
          Love the writing felt like I was reading the first chapter of a book

Comment

Hah! Please don't encourage that tendency, have you not seen some who b-blather on about b-b-b-bushings? Encephelopathic would be one word for it (you may have others)! Sorry, thought it was too curt and boring to simply say "Hello, Well I won't be adding a turbo anytime soon, but happy you are. Cheers". Just trying to up the editorial ante. But here is a fellow, one of the few who could actually use a blower just for the barometric compensation. So my question becomes, has anyone here ever raised their mechanical C/R and [i]lowered[-i] the boost, perhaps call it the Volvo/Spitfire approach? And how was the result? What might the pluses and minuses be?

Comment

I lived in Bozeman for awhile as I went to MSU and studied mechanical engineering. I ended up going to MSU Northern and graduated with a degree in automotive technology lol Bozeman gets a RIDICULOUS amount of snow.

Comment

There's a few quattro guys hanging out in Montana
                -Alex-
                '95 Audi 90QS (4.2L ABH V8, 034 IIc, and much more)
                '87 Porsche 944 Turbo (T04E/60trim/#8, Wolf 3d V4+ EMS, J&S Safeguard, and much more)
                '11 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X (Crew Cab, 6spd)

Comment

Man I loved Bozeman while I was moored there following mechanical breakdown due to shoddy work at an Audi dealer in Pittsburgh. Not only did the Bozeman dealer take great care of me, but the town was a treat to explore. Always wanted to go back and enjoy a week or so, if only for the pizza at Tarantino's! Well, that and some more detailed time spent exploring Yellowstone Park.

Looking forward to updates as your project progresses.
                  Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                  2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                  2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                  1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                  1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
                  X