First time posting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time posting!

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on here but i have been watching the goings on for a while now. Only recently joined the s2 club with the purchase of a red s2 coupe, 93, which i am very pleased with. It is however in need of some suspension and the ap brake kit badly wants some new disks, figured this was the place to ask if anybody had any ideas ??

Certainly is, welcome to the forum

Suspension seems to be very personal taste thing here bilstien or koni shocks are what most upgrade to and for comfort run standard springs and for slight lowering and firmer ride h&R springs can't be beaten Don't forget to do the top mounts.

AP discs i ain't sure about but i am sure someone here will be
    Ragusa Coupe gone!
    sigpic
    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

AP discs shouldnt be too hard to get hold of, just need to know the disc size and check the apracing.com site for a distributor and you can order from them, you will also new nuts and bolts to hold the disc on too.

welcome to the forum
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Welcome aboard... Sound advice so far on dampers and springs. The S2 sits pretty low enough in my opinion for B roads - think long and hard about lowered springs before committing.

Probably worth renewing top mounts, all the joints and bushes as the suspension will greatly benefit from that and most importantly a good accurate 4-wheel alignment at your local Audi garage. Do NOT take it to those quickiefit places for alignment - they are clueless on suspension settings of our weird old cars.

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hello and welcome

Car sounds nice any pics you can post up?

Pual has pretty much summed the suspension up, over the years its going to get a little bit loose. But a refreshment will make a world of differnece
          Or there are other routes :mischeif:

Hope you enjoy the forum its a bank of knowlege
          Chef

Comment

Cheers

Thanks for the info guys, have sourced some disks from an ap dealer down south, not cheap but worth it i think! Pictures are not my strong point and my s2 is not looking to great paint wise at the moment, a respray is however on the way in the next few months to return her to her former glory, meantime the rest of the car is going to get a do up. Will try and post some pictures of car in current condition towards the end of the week, see how we go!

Comment

Working...
            X