RS2 is my dream car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 is my dream car

Hello Audi people! I’m joining (maybe re-joining...) because I have an RS2 that I am ready to sell. I’m the original owner, ordered the car back in 1995 thru a special connection at the factory. They even gave me a loaner for 3-4 months while I waited for them to build my car. It has almost 90,000 km on it and is in VERY good condition having never been restored, just maintained. Ordered in a “stealth” color “Emnerald Green Metalik” and totally stock except for the radio. Anyway I will try and post in the “For Sale” section
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

If it's your dream car …..why sell it?!

Looks very nice and super low kms, look forward to more pictures.

Comment

I guess the reason to sell is that I only want to own one auto here in Europe and after 24 years I’m thinking it may be time for something a bit easier to live with....
      I call the RS2 my “dream car” ibecause when i was 16 years old my dad was an Audi dealer and so my first car I could drive was an Audi. Then when I was 18 and finally could start to think about owning a car the Ur-Quattro was all I really wanted, though that’s not what I needed or ended up with. The RS2 is sort of the last of the line from that original Quattro, the first car I really wanted, so that’s why I call it my dream car.

Comment

I think you need at least 10 posts before you can post in the "For Sale" section so why not ad some more pictures here?!!
        There can't be many 1 owner RS2s that come up for sale.

Comment

Lets see some pics before it disappears into a collection, never to see the light of day again
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Will try and take a few more tomorrow. I used to think I would ship the car to the US once it turns 25 next year, but the car really belongs in the Alps. The only issue I’ve had with it over the years is the brakes and reading here about the big brake kits I am thinking if I could just get the brakes sorted maybe I wouldn’t be quite so ready to sell.
            Last edited by Jagbert; 15 September 2018, 19:26.

Comment

This is where the car has been stored for the past 4 years. I had to spend a bit of money on it about 3 years ago but nothing major, it needed a new front bumper and some ancillary gear like the hydraulic accumulator and maybe the A/C condenser, the engine itself has never needed anything but a new v-belt once in awhile.

Comment

The man in the photo works at AMAG in Vaduz. He has helped me take care of my emerald for the past few years, this photo was last winter. ALL service for the past 24 years was done at this dealer. I don’t drive the car enough to bother swapping summer tires on to it so it’s always ready for snow. I think it was on the lift because we wanted to look at the brakes a bit closer.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagbert View Post
                  ………….. it’s always ready for snow.
                  Any snowy pictures?

Comment

Wow, a one owner RS2. That is a collectors item for sure.

Comment

They were built at the “Rosslebau”, I went there when both the 500 AMG and AUDI-Porsche were on the line. I did the color and badge delete because I wanted to not advertise.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I hit the rev limiter once in 6th, that was interesting.

Comment

Mine has the factory tow hitch option. I used to tow a glider around Europe with this car. Pretty funny going thru the “fdrive thru” customs gates with a US plate (Florida) on my glider trailer and not even think of really slowing down much. Full on pirate stuff.

Comment

Modern cars are so boring compared to an RS2. All those “safety” electonics mean that you really can’t get a modern car to dance. One thing it took me a few years to learn about the car is that there’s so little moving engine mass relative to total driveline mass that you don’t have to “heel toe” the cars when you’re hammering. All you have to due is threshold brake and get it to the gear you want for the corner exit and then let out the clutch. Done properly you don’t feel ANY engine braking. It allows two foot, “rally” style driving, which is a pretty cool “feature”.

Comment

Don't sell it. You're gonna regret it

Comment

Working...
                              X