Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I thought I should introduce myself, I am a long time Audi owner and enthusiast who after relocating to Canada now wishes to be an owner again.

In the UK (my country of origin) I owned a 1999 Audi Convertible, 1.8 litre in Catcus green, sesame leather interior with carbon fibre accents, matching hard top and all of the extras available for almost 10 years.

It was unfortunately stolen, and was stripped of its hardtop / interior and trunk to update someone else's car.

However, there is a silver lining to most negative events:
    1/. I had an Audi S2 as a 'replacement car' whilst Audi sourced a new hardtop and interior, which took 7 months, I loved the car from its handling to solid power through all of the gears.
    2/. A fully expensed factory and museum tour to Ingolstadt as an apology for taking so long on providing a replacement interior / hardtop. Such an awesome brand Audi.

Upon relocating to Canada, I have decided now is the time to purchase both a C2 and a cabriolet to grace my next house, which I am due to move into next year. Simply put, the best of both worlds in two cars!

I knew I wanted to be an owner again after seeing my first Audi cabriolet on the road in almost 9 years (there are virtually none here in BC) and it bringing a tear to my eye. That was it, I am looking to acquire one and I cannot think of anything better to accompany it than a nice S2.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot on how to repair and maintain both vehicles, as Vancouver Island is not exactly an Audi stronghold.

Pleased to be here.

Christopher.

Not a bad deal getting an upgrade to an S2 for 7 months! Welcome to the forum, im sure you will find plenty of info.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Hello and Will you get the cars over were you are or will you have to import them from home ?.

Comment

Ideally I would like Canadian sourced cars, but realistically they will be from the US. I love the price point and specification of the UK vehicles, but RHD is a limiting factor.

Whilst the European / UK specifications and colour selections are so much better than here in North America, I see that good EU examples are highly priced, and even good UK S2's are getting up there in price now.

Import is not out of the question, if you see a 2000 LHD final edition Cabriolet in 2.8 manual please think of me! Same too on a good LHD S2 example.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

2 fantastic cars there you mention, we own a lovely one of a kind 99 Fe 2.8 Cabriolet and love it. Don't own an S2 but do own an C4 S6 which you may fall in love with if you drove one? Should also be fairly easy to get one of those in the US. Best of luck finding what you want.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Or if you're not totally stuck on an S2, perhaps there is something amongst the 33 other Amazonian LHD S2 Sedans already in the Americas:

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...oon-sedan-1994

How hard could that be? Just take the ferry from Cartegena to Panama and your half way home (sort of). Imagine the post-cards you could send along the way (if you dared to stop the car).

BTW, welcome sir.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/S%C3%...48.4284207!3e0

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/S%C3%...10.4805937!3e0

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cara...10.3910485!3e0
            Last edited by Lago Blue; 27 September 2018, 03:32.

Comment

2 doors good, 4 doors...... not so good.

I really want to return to the 2 door car again, nothing like it in my mind, but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
              X