1993 Urs4 Southern Alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Urs4 Southern Alberta

Hello everyone. Recently picked up my 93 and look forward to finally posting something on here not just reading. Love these 5cyls and look forward to making this car fun for the whole family - well ok more for ME but they will get to ride in.

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge and any obvious questions, but thank you in advance for any and all help

Cheers

Hello & Look forward to some photos off the beast. Kind regards Lynn.

Comment

welcome!

yes, we do love our photos here

Comment

Let me see what I have saved. It was quite dirty as it was sitting in a yard for who knows how long, was last registered in 2015 and it looks like someone had started putting money into it with a number of upgrades. Just trying to go through things and get it back up to speed before jumping into some horsepower.

Will get some more for you soon
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

UrsNewb Welcome!

There are a number of us from Alberta on the board. Pretty good resource for tips/tricks/links and of course, access to local parts. Don't be shy and keep posting updates as they transpire
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
          2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
          2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
          1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Welcome aboard, we do love a Ur-S4 / S6 and there are a few of us on here who would be interested in your progress.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Will keep posting updates as they happen. Have already swapped in a new set of front Bilsteins, 034 throttle cam, pulled out the SONY 10 disc changer and will be taking the Bose system out soon as it keeps shorting out and the front passenger speakers are in dire need of replacing.

Think those shocks could have gone another season????

Trying to figure out which Brembos are on the front so will get some pictures
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Brandishing brand-new un-blown Bilsteins near the Badlands?

Salutations sir in sunny Alberta,

Holy pummelled pump-jacks, who'd have thunk it, Audis has been fracking Bilsteins for decades and unfortunately too few of us have publicized enough the small long ago discontinued Bilstein factory labels that were to warn us. If you understand frozen strut syndrome, you'll know what I mean when I say, clearly fracking is bad for B6 & 8 series Bilsteins! Fill a strut's otherwise empty voids with water and then pressurize it and you get an up-chuck of oil from its' neither-regions. With sincere apologies to the environmentalist's, this oil needs to be best kept where it was put.

With a view towards keeping your new to you steed from going lame, by being more correctly shod and by giving these new dampers the best clear shot at a longer (and gentler!) service life than their predecessors (no more rode hard and put away wet!), I humbly offer this tip to avoid a return to some unfortunate and entirely preventable history your car has apparently with damaged limbs literally limped through.

Please see the Strut Drain Hole mod, which can be found herein:

Bilstein into MacPherson install...

Please also say either that you already did the "drain hole mod" to your struts prior, or that you recognize the threat of a likely repeat of what your photo evidences; and that you will consider performing same at your earliest convenience.

Cheers, and happy drilling (if still required).

Comment

Hey Lago and thanks for the info

No I did not know about this strut drain hole mod so you can count that as one of the things that WILL be taken care of in the not too distant future. I want to do the wheel bearings soon so will pull em apart again and take care of this.

Not sure I can tear this apart and not clean it up with some fresh paint though - had a hard time looking at the surface rust on the housings while inspecting everything. UNLESS someone has a spare set I can buy clean up and instal to speed the whole thing up haha

Cheers

Comment

Went out to look at the brakes on the car and took a few pictures for ya. The car isnt perfect but over the next little bit I intend to bring it back, plus a little extra.

This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X