S2 replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 replica

Having owned a 80tdi Avant in the early 2000’s and a RS2 in 2007 ( which I sold! ) was looking for an estate but something different, live in northern Spain now and its not like the UK where as far as cars are concerned, buying and selling is long process..

No way was another RS2 in the affordability range, but I saw this, left it for a month and then went to see it thinking it was not going to be anything special

How wrong I was...the previous owner is a real fanatic who doesnt do things by halves, so heres the spec:

1994 Audi 80 Avant
    • full Recaro interior
    • S2 bumpers
    • dont ask why, but TT s.wheel, covered with alcantara
    • pod gauges and turbo boost gauge in airvent
    • RS2 discs up front, A4 rears, Goodridge hoses all round
    • Bilstein shocks with Eibach springs, lowered 35mm
    • ICE system with 2 amps, subwoofers, ….. still trying to fathom it out..
    • full respray in indigo blue
    • sure I’ve missed lots ..

Ok, now the part that makes this tdi Avant a little different

Its fitted with an A4 low mileage engine and gearbox (80k miles), new PD130 turbo, larger injectors, custom remap, BMW 330d intercooler ( fits snugly in bumper) all liquids and pipes renewed ...so now its pulling 150hp. Ok, its no S2, but its no 80tdi either...drives fantastic and on the motorway, will sit at a 100 all day...at 90 is only pulling 2,500 revs, its damn good on the diesel, over 40 in town.

Dont like the “RS2” badge on the back, but will live with it for now...just enjoying it until I get the urge for a change, will be up for sale next year...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 8 photos.

The tdi is a boring car, there's no question there...….yours however is anything but!

Great looking avant you have, and I bet it shifts too...….150 horses will be complimented with a fair bit of torque I would think !?

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
      The tdi is a boring car, there's no question there...….yours however is anything but!

Great looking avant you have, and I bet it shifts too...….150 horses will be complimented with a fair bit of torque I would think !?
      Yes, was the engine that swayed me to buy it, would not have if it was a standard tdi motor

Torque is much better, compared to my modified Lupo tdi, its slow, but it feels planted and much nicer to drive...

Comment

Nice looking avant! The engine and interior lift it to a really desirable spec. I bet it won't be too far behind an s2 out and about accelerating in gear, the torque of the 150 hp diesal will push it along very well indeed, and while the s2 is at a petrol station you can carry on driving!

Comment

Working...
        X