Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Minnesota (New S2 Avant Owner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Minnesota (New S2 Avant Owner)

Hey Folks!

Newer to this forum, new to the S2, but long time Audi fanatic. I am on a lot of the United States Audi forums and run some of the Facebook groups for the older cars. My current stash includes an original Quattro, some B3 Coupe Quattros, some 20vt 200s, some Coupe GTs, some UrS cars, and a couple 4000's (USA spec 80's) as well as an E36 track car, E10 2002, and an R32 Skyline GT-R. I use the same handle on other social media outlets and salvage a lot of non-repairable cars for parts, so feel free to check my FB and Instagram if you have time or are after some older parts for these!

No need for explanation, but the USA didn't get the S2. Having owned many B3/B4 cars here, with much left to be desired, I finally decided to implement the 25-year law in place, it was time to get a real S2! The avant was my first choice, and they are just old enough now for an easy import/export process. I also picked up my S2 avant from an S2-forum member, so the car may be a familiar face here!

Car was located in Elgin, and the cost to have it taken to port in Liverpool was rather expensive...SO, being that I've never been to the UK, I grabbed my other half and we decided to do the do the transport ourselves instead of hiring that out and make a trip out of it! We flew in to Heathrow, stayed in London a few days before taking the hire car up into Scotland. Once we got the car we were able to take it all over the Isle of Skye (didn't have time for the NC500 route ), before finally getting the car down through Glasgow and eventually to port in Liverpool. As of right now the car is on a boat and due to arrive in a few days, where I will pick it up and drive it 20-Hrs the rest of the way home! As far as I know, and please correct me if anyone is hiding one, this may be the first S2 Avant in the US? I know of a couple hidden S2 coupes, and a handful of RS2s, but no S2 Avants, Also doubtful anyone else is importing a RHD model, although there is a RHD S2 Coupe here I'm aware of.

The car has some corrosion issues that need tending to first, and then I will have to make the decision on keeping the car in stock form or throwing some power upgrades in. I currently have a track-oriented UrS4 that is running an RS2 K24-7200 maxed out that may get a bigger turbo, and then I could rotate the RS2 spec onto the S2. We shall see! I will be after a front left (OS) wing/fender from a UK spec car first, and then I will be after some door trims if I can't locate them stateside!

I had a great time bringing the car to port, and will likely be back in the UK or possibly Germany to bring some more cars home in the future. At the least, it's a nice excuse to travel!

Photos attached from the trip! More to follow once she's back in my possession stateside! I'll likely make a build thread once the time comes. This summer I will mainly do a lot of general maintenance and refurb while rotating it in as my daily driver. We use salt on our roads where I am, and I would like to preserve the car, so it is not likely to see snow again.

That's all for now,
    Thank you for allowing me into this forum, it was directly responsible for me finding this car!
    -Derrik
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 8 photos.

Hello Sir,
    Thanks for sharing that. So did you fill your headlight washer tank with some local oak-aged anti-freeze before leaving? Donc avec ce premier wagon apparemmont, vous etes l'avant-garde!

Comment

Hello and to the forum .You have a lot off nice motors there. Look forward to seeing your build thread Good luck. Kindest regards Lynn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
        Hello Sir,
        Thanks for sharing that. So did you fill your headlight washer tank with some local oak-aged anti-freeze before leaving? Donc avec ce premier wagon apparemmont, vous etes l'avant-garde!
        I most certainly loaded my luggage with as much as I was allowed to bring back!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What a great intro to S2 ownership

Comment

Nice pics. Lovely car! Welcome to the elite Avant club
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Wow, very nice pictures. Was just showing my wife the pics and laughing that I also would love to get a medieval castle in the backround of my car pics, haha daemn!

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                Wow, very nice pictures. Was just showing my wife the pics and laughing that I also would love to get a medieval castle in the backround of my car pics, haha daemn!
                Hahaha! My other half was less impressed with how many times I stopped for photos, but I figured it was the last time the car is likely to be in Scotland!

Comment

What a great story and to finally end up with one of the best cars to own. When and if I sell mine, maybe you have a friend who would like one but I'm a little while away from that being happening.

Comment

Now that's a proper fly/drive !!

Comment

Brilliant story and that’s quite a collection of cars you’ve got. Great photos from Scotland too, looks like a good stock example which is gonna be quite rare stateside.
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Nice intro, car looks great! Going to be tough to hold back from mods, maybe OEM+ parts would be a nice compromise to keep it stock-ish and retain value and appearances but squeeze a bit more out of her than she rolled off the assembly line with all those years ago.

Are you going to get some LHD lenses for the headlights to avoid blinding oncoming traffic? I believe a member from the Netherlands has a good source, or had.
                        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                          Nice intro, car looks great! Going to be tough to hold back from mods, maybe OEM+ parts would be a nice compromise to keep it stock-ish and retain value and appearances but squeeze a bit more out of her than she rolled off the assembly line with all those years ago.

Are you going to get some LHD lenses for the headlights to avoid blinding oncoming traffic? I believe a member from the Netherlands has a good source, or had.
                          I am going to see if I'm able to aim the current lenses correctly first, as I was able to do this on my Skyline with relative ease. Not sure how much adjustment I will have in the stock housings though.

Comment

My urs4 euro lights have a shutter that can be opened or closed for lhd or rhd. See if yours has the same. Nice ride and good work getting it to the states!

Comment

Welcome, great intro & story, enjoy the only s2 avant in the U.S
                              sigpic
                              Cab 2.3E
                              90q
                              URS6

Comment

Working...
                              X