Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Minnesota (New S2 Avant Owner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great way into S2 ownership car looks very nice your photos are superb and remind me a of a very recent trip lol!! The Eilean Donan castle is a gorgeous castle look forward to your updates and that’s a nice collection of motors

Comment

Welcome aboard, thats some entrance and a great adventure thrown in picking up the S2 Avant!
      Great pics too and a great collection of cars you have there.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

What a fantastic story ! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to see how it unfolds once you have it back on dry land.
        Would love to see some pics of your other toys

regarding the headlights , The is a switch on the back of the unit which flattens the beam. Not entirely a cure for driving on the opposite side of the road but it’s a free , easy interim measure
        All the best
        Gav
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Update!

The S2 made a safe journey over to the US! I was able to fly out this past weekend to Philadelphia and picked the car up from Jamie at Orchid Euro who facilitated the shipping and port process! My spare tail lights even cleared customs hiding in the spare tire well!!! Car drove very nicely the 1,350 miles home to MN! I was able to finally get under the car and scale up the amount of rust removal I will need to perform, and it's not bad!

Photos of the trip and some of the rest of my herd for y'all!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 10 photos.

Comment

Congrats!!
            The only other S2 Avant on this side of the pond I am aware of was in my garage till last year, but its still in Canada.
            I have couple more lined up for import.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            www.quattro.ca
            B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
            B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Congrats on increasing the number of Audi Avants on North American soil! I'm surprised there haven't been more imported. My RS2 was the first one in Canada which I've been enjoying for 10 years now.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian RS2 View Post
                Congrats on increasing the number of Audi Avants on North American soil! I'm surprised there haven't been more imported. My RS2 was the first one in Canada which I've been enjoying for 10 years now.
                I wonder if Mike brought his over the same time as you did. His is Volcano black.
                Bottom line is there are more RS2s in North America.
                Makes sence since there are almost twice as many RS2s build compared to S2 Avant.

Sad part is that untill recently S2 were being parted out left right and centre, especially on S2 forum where car can be sold in parts for a lot more than as a whole. Even RS2 were being parted out 10 years ago, remember Totts?
                We can thank recent increase in value of classic/rare vehicles for the halt of madness and increase in values of nice examples.
                Last edited by ralleyquattro; 24 April 2019, 13:26.
                www.quattro.ca
                B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X