Can't post in for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't post in for sale

I have a number plate that can be transferred reg number S2 BAO(BAD in square font), looking for offers.

It's a great number but unfortunately S2's were all registered prior to 1998. They may be one of two held back by dealers and registered later but I haven't ever seen one.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      It's a great number but unfortunately S2's were all registered prior to 1998. They may be one of two held back by dealers and registered later but I haven't ever seen one.
      Thanks for the heads up, my brain now updated with that info, I have to hope that Audi may introduce a new 2 series then.

Comment

why does it matter what year it was registered?
        1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

You can't put a plate that makes it look newer than it is
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by willg54 View Post
            why does it matter what year it was registered?
            An S-plate can only be assigned to a car of that age or newer.

Comment

That might be why theres currently a ton of S2 plates available at the lowest price DVLA offers. The people who might actually want one, for obvious reasons, cannot put it on their car

https://dvlaregistrations.dvla.gov.u...super_priceto=

Comment

...or if you're on here, and your name is Barry Alfred Orange....the plate's yours for 250 !

Comment

But surely would have to be s111 for example. S2 was never a reg
                  1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Originally posted by willg54 View Post
                    But surely would have to be s111 for example. S2 was never a reg
                    You are showing your age, or I am showing mine. In the very old days (pre 60's) number plates were issued by local authorities and had little or no format, i.e. A1, B123, ABC123 etc. Then in the early 60's registrations were formalised and issued by the DVLA. A new format devised, first three letters for area, numbers (1-999) and then a year letter, starting with A. e.g. AAM175B was my dad's Mk1 Cortina bought in Salisbury circa early 60's. AAM was the code for Wiltshire, three random numbers and B for the year of registration. Back then every County had its own letter code (prefix). This all worked well right up to approx. 1981 (x reg) when they ran out of letters and just swapped over to have the letter at the front (they never used the letters I, O, U, Y or Z as they can be confused for numbers). Again, this worked well up to 2000, when again they ran out of letters. This is when the new system we have today was introduced. Now the first two letters represent the area (CA, CU, CV etc all Wales), then the year, then three letters.
                    Norther Ireland had its own system and you do see some pretty strange numbers there!
                    So yes, S2ABY was issued to a vehicle in 1998, unless it was held back by DVLA for future auction and it cant be used on anything pre August 98.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                    X