Newbie from Norway says hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Norway says hi

Hi and thx for letting me in the community!
    As the title says, newbie from Norway says hi. Next friday Im picking up my new pride and joy, a 92 S2 coupe, Audi green with cloth interior and appr. 270K km on the meter. Shes quite stock and absolutely in need of some love and care, but will shine again sometime, and Im looking forward to the prosess!
    Are there any members from Norway here?

Stein Arne

Welcome to the fold

Comment

Some pictures would be great when you have her. We love a refurb thread on here
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Member kinaputt I'm sure is from Norway and their thread with the words 'red rocket' in the title is one of the longest running restoration threads here. I'm sure if you were looking for inspiration, it would be worth finding the thread and sitting down for a nice long read (don't worry there are lots of pictures too!)

Comment

Welcome neighbour!
          There's a few 'norrbaggar' here
          Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
          http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

welcome my friend. I am also a new owner of 95 s2 coupe and this forum has been very helpful. Hope u find the info u need. cheers
            - 1995 BLACK S2 ABY

Comment

Thnx for such a good welcome! Pics to come as soon as she arrives here new home.

Comment

Hello and a warm

Comment

Welcome, I'm sure you'll love the new car!
                  Nick

1995 Audi RS2 . . . plus a few other old German cars

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi. Guess the S2 was in worse condition than hoped so it didnt come back With me, I need to think it through and have a few questions.

First some info, 92, cloth interior, 270K km. The price is low for a S2 in Norway, round 60K NOK which Equals to 6K Eur.
                      The interior seems ok. A few minor damages but its fixable. The AC doesnt work, the door looking dosnt work but rest seems "fine".
                      The body needs full restoration, as expected so so far so good.
                      The underside of the S2 is in the Worst condition, Guess its the road salt thats damaged it the most. Fuel leakages at least 2 Places, guess the fuel pipes and the fuel tank needs replacement. Rear sub frame is not road leagal int its current condition. All the brakes and brake Shields needs replacement so maybe the brakelines needs it too. Bushings, balljoints, shocks and springs too. Engine starts as long as it gets fuel and seems to be "ok" becides it looks like it needs at least a good cleanup. Radiator and intercooler isnt looking good either due to salt. Rest of the engine compartment looks bad but doesnt look like its been modified so Guess it just need a good cleanup. Driveline isnt tested since the car doesnt have brakes and the fuel is leaking. The rear diff is leaking both sides, just replacement of seals or is it other known issues? There is some rust but I didnt find any penetrations but who knows whats there when stripped…

So since the S2 is quite rare the prices will rise as it gets older. Therefor I Guess the car is Worth saving. Any thoughts?

Comment

Hello , To find any less price then this is hard , then you have to be lucky , i would rather look for aby car , buth not so easy to find these cars. buth buying without testing car is not so good , could be many problems with it . Were in Norway are you from ?

Comment

Hi, I know its a fairly priced S2 and that they are hard to find, therefor I Guess its maybe going to be Worth saving even if its a lot of work ( and Money) to get her running nicely. Ive got second thoughts about this Project because it cant be tested without at least stopping the fuel from leaking first so that I can check that the gearbox / drivetrain Works properly.
                          Im lokated in Kongsberg.

Comment

I was going to pay about 80 for a s2 aby , buth seller changed his mind . not sure what happend to that car .. it was all the way in nort norway , so did not even go look at it .. to far from Molde

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X