Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonjour. New S2 but needs quarter. ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour. New S2 but needs quarter. ouch!

Afternoon all. I've progressed steadily from 80s to coupes and now have a 2.0 16v that I adore. Just bought a 91 S2 coupe that's had a rear bump. I'm having a replacement rear panel and wing taken off another coupe and sent to me so I have a bit of work ahead of me. My partner in all things car related is a VW/Audi buff and has done some panel work before but if anybody has any good pointers/pictures/step by step guides/pictures of ladies in custard i'd be happy to hear from you. I'll get some pics up later when i'm at home. good side and bad side. there are some strange little things happening with it but nothing that a bit of love and attention won't work out. The important thing is the engine and mechanical bits have had a good bit of money spent on them, keeping it running sweet. Just drove it home for a bit over 100 miles yesterday and couldn't keep the grin off my face.
    the difficult part will be convincing my wife that I need to keep it. maybe both cars actually. oh dear.

Glad to be aboard
    cheers
    Nj
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Good to have to aboard

Is it red by any chance?
    Chef

Comment

yup. do you know it? previous owner could very possibly be a member here. (this is your cue to tell me there's more to it than meets the eye and i should give up and go stick my head in the oven)
      1990 CQ20v

Comment

I think you are safe there it did pop up a little time ago?
        I will try and find the thread

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ght=repairable
        Chef

Comment

This is the thread about your car on here hope it helps.
          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19907
          Search the site for all your queries, general help and worrying problems. Its all in the threads man.
          AudiManDan

Comment

thanks lads. i'm in the right place for a bit of advice it seems. phew!
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by fourcircle View Post
              thanks lads. i'm in the right place for a bit of advice it seems. phew!
              Bigger turbo, more power and mahoosive brakes. That's some good advice!!!
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                Bigger turbo, more power and mahoosive brakes. That's some good advice!!!
                mahoosive..... thats my favourite word ever.....!
                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

haha. good thinking. although if i do that i'll have to polyfilla the wing in and duct tape the boot closed so i don't die of carbon monoxide poisoning.
                  funny thing is the faster I go the more fumes get sucked in. So when I was overtaking a queue of blue rinsers out on their sunday cruise i almost gagged. so if you see a red S2 about scotland with the driver hanging out the window Ace Ventura stylee that'll be me.
                  1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by fourcircle View Post
                    haha. good thinking. although if i do that i'll have to polyfilla the wing in and duct tape the boot closed so i don't die of carbon monoxide poisoning.
                    funny thing is the faster I go the more fumes get sucked in. So when I was overtaking a queue of blue rinsers out on their sunday cruise i almost gagged. so if you see a red S2 about scotland with the driver hanging out the window Ace Ventura stylee that'll be me.
                    Whatever it takes
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Noel, am I the VW/Audi buff you were referring to? :-)

You know my feelings on the whole affair, and with a little cutting and welding in of fresh straight metal, we will get it sorted.

Would be a nice thread for the S2 forum......Want one meself now, but I reckon I am going to have to be with happy with what I have at the moment....

Comment

hell yeah. that's you mate. with your technical expertise and my.. erm.. my S2 we'll have it cracked. If we can build a garage with no idea what we're doing we can do this.
                        1990 CQ20v

Comment

Aye of course mate, but I am not dangling from my toes from a roof for anyone

You going this weekend to see yer man?

Comment

Working...
                          X