Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kiwi member

Hey there

I've been checking out this site for almost two years and thought it about time to register.

I'm originally from Somerset and moved to New Zealand in 2000. I always wanted an S2 and managed to get one of only twelve in the country.

Black late 1994 - standard apart from Milltek rear, de catted, Mark H mod and slightly dodgy MAK alloys that were on the car when I bought it.

Here's my question...when I quickly rev the engine, the WGFV clicks like crazy when the revs get up high - and I can feel it when I touch the WGFV. Have searched the posts on here to see if this is as it should be but couldn't find a yes or no answer. The car goes pretty well, but a little spluttery above 3K...I'm thinking WGFV but want to make sure before I spend hard earned Kiwi $ and place an order to Germany.

I took it out and washed it out with WD40 and some carb cleaner - two of the three pipes I could blow though, so that's good. Checked (visually) the surrounding hoses and they seem fine.

Anyway, first question of probably many...and thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Martin

Welcome

Hi, to the site, I can't answer your question but I expect someone will on here,I've found this site to be very helpful and I've learned a lot about my Stu.
    Best wishes Condor..
    :wave: :thumbs:

Comment

Amazing how the Internet makes this world so small. I also cant answer your questions sorry, just saying hello

I am sure some knowledgable members will answer your questions soon though.

Comment

Welcome on board. Before pointing the finger at the WGFV i'd get a boost leak check done, has the car been chipped?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Boost leak and earth-strap check would be good.

Could be a dicky WGFV alright - not unusual - they aren't obscenely expensive either - as long as you buy from the UK. Dread to think what the dealers in NZ would charge ?

Must be great to have one of only a dozen cars in your country. Welcome on board - don't lose heart with niggles on this car - it is worth it when they go right

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes.

It's not been chipped as far as I know.

No garages do boost leak tests over here, so might have to make up one of those homemade jobs...see that's been talked about on here at the moment.

How do I do an earth strap check?

A WGFV ordered from Germany to NZ are about $200, so about 80 quid, plus postage. What do they cost in the UK?

Martin

Comment

Working...
            X