New member - S2 Avant Nothelle N300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - S2 Avant Nothelle N300

Hello, just introducing myself to the boards.

My name's Kieron, or more commonly known as 'Key'. Always been a big Audi fan as most of my family drive one form or another of the VAG. After getting my rwd kicks out of the way with a 325i I got a sensible Audi A6 Avant 2.5TDi (5 pot version) and have just added an Audi S2 Avant Nothelle N300 to the driveway. Love it to bits and I beleive a few members may already know the car - I bought it just before christmas from a fella called Adrian up in Harrogate, North Yorks (so if anyone knows him, let him know the car's doing great). Aswell as being an Audi fan, my main passion is on 2 wheels - though since buying a car I've become something of a 'weekend warrior' with my bike only coming out on sunny days. And my bike, well it's an Aprilia Rs250 (>98 model) with full Jim Lomas s/s pipes - and I'll be off to the Isle of Man for the Manx TT this year for the 2nd year in a row, I strongly reccomend the place to anyone regardless of wether in a car or on a bike... the Mountain Pass is one of the most exhilerating roads ever!!

As for the car, it's an S2 Nothelle N300 Avant in amethyst, it's got an RS2 interior (I beleive used to be a members on here) full Milltek s/s exhaust, Porsche Cup1 17" wheels with Pilot Sports all round - and there's probably lots more info but I'm still finding new stuff on it all the time!

This is a link to the exact car I've bought from a magazine article back in March 1994 from Volkswagen Audi Car Magazine - Pictuers and article here

So, hello, I hope to be able to get involved in any events, meets etc. in the future and look forward to using this site for any information I'll possibly need in the future.
    Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car
    Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDi, 1995, Arctic Silver (now sold)
    BMW E36 325i Coupe, 1993, Diamond Black (now sold)
    VW Polo 1.0L 6N, 1998, Red (the missus' car)
    Aprilia Rs250 motorbike, 1998, Black (the weekend toy)

Welcome on board.

Brian

Comment

The car used to belong to LOZ
      I have the original interior from that car in mine.
      Have you fitted a new offside rear gaier to it as it was split when I took a look under?
      Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
      England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

offside rear gaier
        Huh?

So is LOZ, Adrian? Love the interior too, it gets more compliments than any other aspect of the car - which can be frustrating at times given everything else it has to offer! Had a few split hoses recently, age & weather had their way, and I think the front right spring is on its way out which shall be sorted next pay day.

Another more info about the car then Bry, any other problems I may not know about yet or more info about the car in general? Would be much appreciated as I don't get much chance to check it as thorough as I'd like when I'm not working...
        Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car

Comment

Sorry:
          gaiter on the driveshaft

Comment

LOZ is Laurence from darn sarf.
            I know the car from it's previous owner.

Comment

click for details on loz
              The guy from Harrogate didn't use the forum.
              The springs are H&R BTW

Comment

Ah right, just been reading some of his previous posts and makes some more sense to me now...

I'd not noticed that, but thanks for letting me know - I'll be having a look this weekend to check! I guess he never cured the noisy heater fan as it still does it now once it's nice & warm, I think a strip down and lube maybe on the cards, and then I'll have a look at the heater fan sorry for that poor play on words...

You can let Loz know that his old steed is doing well, bodywork all seems great - slight bubbling on the n/s rear door, but easily sorted - and engine seems to be running strong other than the odd decayed hose. The last owner to me seemed to have taken good care of it, worked at a VW dealership and Porsche part-time so said he was always servicing it and making sure it ran good. So it's now sat up in Wigan with an A6 TDi Avant for company.

Bry, also do you know anything about the MTM chip it's supposidly had? The previous owner mentioned it and showed me some paperwork (email I think) but not found it since so would like some more info if possible...

Comment

I saw some paperwork for the chip. There wasn't any spec on the chip - there wouldn't be.
                  I think you'd be best to take it somewhere and have it tuned to suit the exact spec of the car, as I don't think that MTM would do a chip specifically for the N300. I may be wrong.
                  It drives exactly the same as mine with an MTM chip yet it is supposed to have a different turbo on it. It has what looks like an RS2 Exhaust manifold on it which is cracked, but not causing any issues yet.
                  The injectors look to be S2 injectors which would limit the power, depending on the exact spec of the turbo.
                  The colour is amazing, I love it. I have never seen another S2 which changes colour like that one.
                  Red led interior lights still in there?
                  Did you go to his mates Porsche garage and get it up on the lift?
                  The white 911 race car with centre spinners was awsome and ******* loud
                  Topsparky was interested in buying it, maybe he will remember the things I've forgot. I just went up to see it again, and have a poke about under it with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BRY View Post
                    Did you go to his mates Porsche garage and get it up on the lift?
                    The white 911 race car with centre spinners was awsome and ******* loud
                    Topsparky was interested in buying it, maybe he will remember the things I've forgot. I just went up to see it again, and have a poke about under it with him.
                    i did

still can't hear properly

what?

say that again

no still can't hear you

btw

it is a lovely colour
                    was going to buy it myself
                    but he would n't budge on the 7k price tag
                    i offered him £5300
                    1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
                    2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
                    3. H & R SPRINGS
                    4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
                    5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
                    6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
                    7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
                    8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by Key Walshe View Post
                      Ah right, just been reading some of his previous posts and makes some more sense to me now...

I'd not noticed that, but thanks for letting me know - I'll be having a look this weekend to check! I guess he never cured the noisy heater fan as it still does it now once it's nice & warm, I think a strip down and lube maybe on the cards, and then I'll have a look at the heater fan sorry for that poor play on words...

You can let Loz know that his old steed is doing well, bodywork all seems great - slight bubbling on the n/s rear door, but easily sorted - and engine seems to be running strong other than the odd decayed hose. The last owner to me seemed to have taken good care of it, worked at a VW dealership and Porsche part-time so said he was always servicing it and making sure it ran good. So it's now sat up in Wigan with an A6 TDi Avant for company.

Bry, also do you know anything about the MTM chip it's supposidly had? The previous owner mentioned it and showed me some paperwork (email I think) but not found it since so would like some more info if possible...
                      Welcome. That would be an odd combination Nothelle N300 with MTM modified ECU. As rival tuning companies MTM did not produce 'chips' for the N300. For piece of mind you may wish to let MRC take a look ?
                      Alastair
                      RS2

Comment

nice S2

Comment

Hello and to the boards.

I have an Amethyst Pearl Coupe so can vouch for the lovely colour. I only know of one other member with an Amethyst Avant, so welcome to an exclusive club.

@ Bry, yes you have seen that colour before, just not in the right light

Cheers,

Steve.
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Key Walshe View Post

If you've access To vag-com or somebody with it , you'll be able to find out what chip it has and the s/w version, the manifold should be a *******ised S2 item, what's the front brake setup on it ?

Comment

Originally posted by alg View Post
                              Welcome. That would be an odd combination Nothelle N300 with MTM modified ECU. As rival tuning companies MTM did not produce 'chips' for the N300. For piece of mind you may wish to let MRC take a look ?
                              Yes odd combo, may work if it's MTM stage one chip for the S2/RS2 where they replace the turbo for a small hybrid that has a max output of around 330 bhp.

Nothelle's turbo isn't as powerful as an RS2 and would have roughly the same power limit.

Comment

Working...
                              X