New/Old User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Old User

I needed a clutch pressure plate in 2010 and removed the engine. Had 2 children since never put it back together but plan on getting it all back together once again and to it's former glory. Best place to get a normal clutch kit?

Originally posted by Milliss2 View Post
    I needed a clutch pressure plate in 2010 and removed the engine. Had 2 children since never put it back together but plan on getting it all back together once again and to it's former glory. Best place to get a normal clutch kit?
    I don't think they are made any more. C G Motorsport re furbished my old one for under £100. Send them both parts. Very good service.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

would have thought Sachs or LUK do the standard clutch. 3B or ABY?
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Aby

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
          would have thought Sachs or LUK do the standard clutch. 3B or ABY?
          When I was looking 2 years ago there weren't any in the UK. I was lucky as Error404 had one for sale. At that time, they were apparently available in Germany. I know the Sachs sports one IS still available, but with my knees, I needed a nice light clutch.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

When I was looking 2 years ago there weren't any in the UK. I was lucky as Error404 had one for sale. At that time, they were apparently available in Germany. I know the Sachs sports one IS still available, but with my knees, I needed a nice light clutch.
            I didn't realise the S2 had been forgotten already. I've not had a standard clutch on mine for 20 years, so I suppose I'm out of touch. You can get an OE plate refurbed with new friction material and springs, so I guess it's not a massive issue.
            91 Modded 3B

Comment

Thanks I will look into that.

Comment

What are your thoughts on mods to mine. I have had rs2 turbo never fitted for about 14 years. Thinking about a 2.5L conversion. But at the same time what are the merits of keeping an only done 75k miles one standard?

Comment

That's low miles. RS2 turbo with a few other parts and mapping is a nice upgrade. 2.5l isn't a small job. I wouldn't class it as an upgrade, more like a new engine. Depends on how deep your pockets are.
                  91 Modded 3B

Comment

CG will refresh your friction disc and pressure plate as Dave suggested.
                    I wouldn’t consider a striker unless you want 500+hp. It’s not an insignificant project to do properly and carries associated cost.
                    There is a lot to be said for RS2 spec on these cars - it’s fast & responsive using bolt-on parts and most importantly it’s reliable and cost effective.

Having said that, your S2 without doubt will be more valuable as a standard car so it depends if you want fun or resale value
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Er.......fun of course

Comment

Working...
                      X