Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello all

Hi all,

I am the somewhat proud owner of a 1990 coupe quattro that has seen a hard life. It has had most of it's interior trim removed and the engine has been swapped with an AAN 2.2L turbo from a 1993 S4. At one point, someone added a hood dump pipe from the wastegate and straight piped it. That is how I bought it. It was loud, and obnoxious, and insane amounts of fun. It was also tuned to 23 PSIG of boost (with the stock injectors) and immediately noticed it needed bigger injectors.

The vehicle does have a VEMS ECU and I've become quite familiar with the tuning software over the past few years. I ended up fabricating a custom 3" side exit exhaust (which is far from perfect) and getting rid of the hood dump wastegate in order to comply with SCCA rallycross rules. The most recent struggle that brought me here is the windshield is cracked, and I'd like to find a better way to source them.

About me, I'm an emissions calibration engineer working in hybrid engine development. I love racing in almost any form, and compete in autocross and rallycross (except not with a cracked windshield...)

In regards to the windshield, I did have an idea about how to get a better source for windshields, but I can write that in a separate post.

Thanks for reading,
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Looks like you have been enjoying the car…best way!
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Looking good mate.

Jase

Comment

Hello and

Comment

Awesome! and hello!

Comment

yeah, that looks like fun!

welcome here!

Comment

That looks like a fun project! Welcome

Comment

hello and welcome matey
                ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
                X