Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Australia

Hi Everyone,

Love this site. So much great info and some absolutely beautiful machines. Very few rs2 and s2s down here in Australia as I dont think they were ever sold here.

cheers

Tim

Welcome!... nice to see another member from down-under.

I think there were a number of factory Australian delivered S2s - less than 50 I believe. However, I've never seen any official proof of sale numbers. Not sure about RS2s tho'.

Prices are very steep...
    Last couple of RS2s for sale were advertised in the region of $135k
    Last UR advertised was up for sale for $100k.
    Doubtful if you'll be able to get hold of a S2 for less than $40k+

As you say... very few and far between here.

Cheers
    '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
    S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 20vTurbo View Post
        Welcome!... nice to see another member from down-under.

I think there were a number of factory Australian delivered S2s - less than 50 I believe. However, I've never seen any official proof of sale numbers. Not sure about RS2s tho'.

Prices are very steep...
        Last couple of RS2s for sale were advertised in the region of $135k
        Last UR advertised was up for sale for $100k.
        Doubtful if you'll be able to get hold of a S2 for less than $40k+

As you say... very few and far between here.

Cheers
        Hi yeah ive since head that there are a few coupes. Im keen on an Avant but havnt seenany on the road or advertised. Been thinknig about importing one but yes will be an expensive exercise once freight and customs etc have been paid. not sure that people in Aus would ever appreciate ( in terms of numbers and hence price) the value of an s2 avant if i ever wanted to sell it again late either.

Comment

I have not heard of any S2 Avants here, but a few (maybe 5-ish??) RS2s have made their way over here recently, and importing 25+ year old cars got a bit easier a couple of years ago
          Last edited by mouse; 3 January 2022, 02:54.

Comment

Originally posted by mouse View Post

I have not heard of any S2 Avants here, but a few (maybe 5-ish??) RS2s have made their way over here recently, and importing 25+ year old cars got a bit easier a couple of years ago
            I know of a silver RS2 that recently arrived in NZ from South Africa. There is a blue that will be making it's way to Aus also from SA....

Comment

Hello and a warm . So are you going to try to get your hands on a S2 or RS2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G View Post

I know of a silver RS2 that recently arrived in NZ from South Africa. There is a blue that will be making it's way to Aus also from SA....
                Wow, Ill keep my eyes open for that one. Are there many in South Africa?

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
                  Hello and a warm . So are you going to try to get your hands on a S2 or RS2 ?
                  Hi LSG , yeah RS is out of my budget but keen on a S2 avant.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfabruce View Post

Hi LSG , yeah RS is out of my budget but keen on a S2 avant.
                    So i hope you find something to your liking and budget. Although sounds like you have your work cut out for yourself. Happy hunting and best off luck Lynn.

Comment

Hello, You're welcome here.

Comment

Wow, Ill keep my eyes open for that one. Are there many in South Africa?
                        As far as I know, there are about 12 left in SA of the original 19 that came here..........but I cannot verify the numbers

Comment

Yeh, very few RS2's and I've not seen and S2 avant on local soil

Comment

Working...
                          X