Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from South Africa - Motec M84 - In desperate need of some help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from South Africa - Motec M84 - In desperate need of some help :)

Hi all, new to the site as a poster but have been lurking on here for a number of years - time to introduce myself properly.
    All the way from South Africa and busy with a project car that is in its final stages of completion, just need some pointers/expertise to finish it off.
    Unfortunately, I am not the proud owner of an RS2 but have 2 that I am working on - The third one has been completed a few years ago, hopefully I will be able to touch all the RS2's in SA (If I'm not mistaken only 8 were imported here)

On to my main question (Mods, please inform me if I need to post this in a new thread)
    Have done some extensive mods to a customer's car - A list of mods and pics to follow soon as well as a YouTube build of everything done, no time at the moment to sort it all out.
    Long story short the vehicle is now running a Motec M84, wired up by myself and all the items are working - Except one very important one - The Tacho.
    I set up AUX 4 to be the tacho output to the dash, I have wired this to T10 - Pin7 (As per the diagrams provided by this lovely forum)
    The problem is that this does not work, I have tried to set it up but to no avail. I have read up on putting a 1K or 4.7K pull-up resistor between the 12V and signal in order to get this right.
    Another way is following Motec's advice on the support function but they are not too familiar with the instrument cluster etc - They suggested wiring it as a coil negative tacho - see attached diagram.

Is anybody able to shed some light on this problem or offer a solution? Would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Hope this thread adds some useful info to help with the issue.
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...183-rpm-signal
    The Red Baron
    (R)S2 spec, 034 GT3071
    Wagner Short Intake and Intercooler
    Whiteline, Custom Shocks with external reservoirs
    8pot calipers with A8 discs
    Vems

Comment

A mate of mine is dealing with this issue now in a PD converted 80 that's running serious power for it's size, I think he's found a solution, will try and remember to ask him what he did to get it working.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

welcome matey
        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Hi all, appreciate all the help from this forum.

Managed to sort it out, the picture is attached.
          Placed a 1K resistor between 12V and the signal output from the ECU to the tacho itself, percentage scaling on the M84 was set to 2.5% and the tacho is reading correctly.
          I shall post at a later stage in a new post all the parts fitted to the car as well as power figures etc.
          Went to the local race track yesterday for a shakedown and all seemed to be working perfectly
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello Tagtag222 - where you based? Looking forward to the updates
            Cheers

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Working...
              X