No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,
    I have just joined this forum. I have been a life long Quattro fan but to date have only ever been in the passenger seat of one of these. My car background is 205 / Golf GTI's then Scooby's and then R32's. I currently drive a GR Yaris (daily) and n/a VX220 (summer), both of which are 'keepers'.
    I would like to buy a decent Quattro but torn between the original and the S2 version. I have garage space and some limited mechanical experience after extensively re-furbing the running gear of the VX but would rather buy a car that doesn't need immediate attention.
    I would appreciate some guidance and advice.
    Kind regards
    Roy

I take it you are torn between a Ur and S2?
    Both are very different cars. Have you had a drive in both?
    It's a subjective thing really.
    Ur has more character, S2 is more modern, refined and quicker.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of very knowledgeable people on here.
      You won’t regret buying either an S2 or a uR!
      Here’s why we own them
      https://youtu.be/1EKz4NG-c94
      https://youtu.be/i_U4lGnt0w0
      Last edited by 4WDrifter; 17 December 2022, 21:11.
      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Always good to see a new member. Both cars require a fair amount of maintenance but a well sorted S2 will probably be easier to live with. The UR does look better however and is just as good to drive.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Comment

Hello and a warm . I'm sure which ever one you get you'll love. Happy hunting

Comment

Thanks for the responses all. I am torn between the UR Quattro and the S2 but haven't driven either. A cousin of mine had a Sport Quattro which he bought new. At the time it was the most frightening thing in the world to sit in, not least because the passenger is in the driving seat! Well out of my league in terms of price though.
              I amazingly haven't ever seen an S2 'in the wild' but I have seen a number of UR Quattro's over the years. Co. Down (in NI) is full of petrol heads!
              From reading through the different sections of the forum I see that mileage per se is not an issue, provided the maintenance and servicing is good. So, a good service history looks important. I will bear that in mind.
              Kind regards
              Roy

Comment

Working...
              X