hello again from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello again from Canada

soooo, about a decade ago, i had a short lived experience with a coupe, i jumped ship to a minty fresh s4...which i then had to sell in short order as i moved to the states and couldn't take it with me. unfortunately that move was short lived too....

aaaanyways. a decade later i have repeated myself like a broken record. i have a low mileage s6 again and i have just purchased an extremely crusty coupe. because i make prudent automotive decisions....

it hasn't ran in a very long time, the last owner registered it in 2011 with 80,000kms less than it has now.... i have no keys, it has a 90s-tastic aftermarket alarm and i have no wiring diagrams (i found one for a b4 on 12v.org, that gonna be close enough?), and the roof has been leaking.

on the plus side, i could sell the cylinder head and get roughly 1/2 my money back lol.

first order of business is to somehow get it off my trailer. i need to disable the steering lock. of course the door hits my trailer fender so getting at it will be an operation in itself! hoping to have proof of life in a week and then assess how badly i have screwed myself!

right now the rough idea is to clean it up, get it functional and see what's broken. then it'll get stripped down for what i believe will be a couple of years while the body get brought back to pearl white goodness (who paints pearl white blue?!?) i have half an idea to go a bit stupid with the engine and go ITBs just for the noise (i have the bag o snakes hanging on my wall still and it has a nice looking exhaust so i'm almost there right!!!)...but that's a rabbit hole in and of itself...

pray for me!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Car enthusiasts are their own worst enemy sometimes!

I had a 20v coupe quattro fpr 21 years now and love the sound it makes as standard, every now and then i contemplate standalone ecu and throttle bodies.

It will sound even more awesome and is a conversion which you don't see very often which i think makes it even more interesting.

Sadly life means my current ownership is limited to service and repair as needed but, as things change, who knows...
    ​​​​
    Keeps posting your thoughts, i will be sure to use your ambition as a perfectly sensible explaination to my wife as to why the car is in bits again!

Comment

Ahhhh, my long suffering wife.... she's given up on me i think lol.

In summary: vintage audis, driving up toyota sales for 20 years lol (that's what's pulling the trailer lol)

Comment

Looks like a long hard road but keeping old coupes alive is well worth the effort such a timeless design it will only go up in value over the years

Comment

Got a jump on it today. Got the carpet out because it's been stewing in its own juices for god knows how long and absolutely reeks. The underlayment is no longer in this world, just a solid hunk of mould. The floor looks horrific at the moment but the galvanizing did it's job. All solid. 2 casualties only. The passenger side rear lower seatbelt anchor bracket dossolved and the hole where the abs wire passes thru next to it is bigger than it should be.

Gotta organize the workshop and then i'm on to alarm and stereo ectomy and fuel system clean up. Then i will see about trying to start it.

20230402_154125.jpg
          20230402_154147.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello and . Looks like your going to be putting some long hours in. Good luck

Comment

You're right .. Who paints a pearl white car blue?

Looks like you've got enough work there to keep yourself out of mischief for a while...
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Welcome to your new (old but soon to be new) coupe 7A, it´s always nice to see a forum member with a new project thread, I´ll follow for sure.

I also dream with ITB's.

Comment

Working...
                X