Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the plunge.

Hello

I finally pulled the trigger on an S2 this week. Some already know the car (blue one listed on ebay) and there are mixed opinions on it but what ever they may be, it's now mine and I'm looking forward to using it.

The back story on me....
    Londoner left my home city some 20 years ago and with my wife started a new life in Scotland. Always a petrolhead and especially group b rally had a string of performance fords and various hot hatches in the 80's and 90's including some I should never have sold, bet you can all say that about a car/bike you have owned. Moved on to two wheels in the late 90's with a real passion for Ducati. Sold all my bikes in 2011 when my wife was pregnant with our 2nd child and got back into cars big time with a string of Maserati.

I needed a good runaround here on Arran and I bought a 2.7t allroad and well that's where the four rings addiction really took hold. I now have several allroads and of course now an S2. Despite having some exotic hi performance cars over the years the arrival of the S2 has really got me excited. That 5 cylinder sound track took me right back to the Kielder forest, waiting in the early morning mist with my late Dad for our first glimpse of the S1. We'll you could hear it ages before it passed by and the sound was more evocative than anything I had ever experienced in my life. I was hooked.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pibbow; 5 May 2023, 09:03.

Welcome!

Comment

Looks like a very sound base for a project. As I mentioned to you on Facebook (daveargoed there) rear subframe can be repaired if not too bad. Got mine hot dip galvanised too! Lots of good people here and some very knowledgeable. Also a good place to ask for parts. I did a Coupe restoration a while back and covered most things in the thread. Might be worth you having a read. B5nut also did a good thread recently. Older threads sadly often missing their pics.
      Enjoy
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hello and a warm . I do like the kingfisher blue S2. Good luck with the work on the car . Regards Lynn

Comment

Yassss!!! awesome story , same colour as mine!! welcome

Comment

Lovely to have a new passionate owner. Welcome aboard
            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Not been on here long myself but well done
              93 ABY S2

Comment

Welcome!

Swem to love an S2 up in Scotland!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Pibbow View Post
                    Hello

I finally pulled the trigger on an S2 this week.
                    'tis a nice looking car, hopefully you can sort out the subframe issue, a wee overhaul at the rear end will do it no harm ?!!

Are you the guy who was interested in Rob's green estate ?

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post

'tis a nice looking car, hopefully you can sort out the subframe issue, a wee overhaul at the rear end will do it no harm ?!!

Are you the guy who was interested in Rob's green estate ?

Hi John, yes one and the same. Unfortunately I was not in a position to buy Rob's car at the time although I did help with sourcing the illusive pully bolt and washer!

Comment

Hi John, yes one and the same. Unfortunately I was not in a position to buy Rob's car at the time although I did help with sourcing the illusive pully bolt and washer!
                        Thanks for that, peace of mind knowing its all been done

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post

I can assure you Rob did the job properly, the bolt & washer cost him a LOT of money and took weeks to arrive from the USA

Comment

I can assure you Rob did the job properly, the bolt & washer cost him a LOT of money and took weeks to arrive from the USA
                            Yeah he was telling me when he bought it.

How come you didnt go through? Not that I am complaining, I absolutely love the car!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post

You don't know half of it !!

Comment

Working...
                              X