No announcement yet.

Hello, thinking about an 5 cylinder S2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, thinking about an 5 cylinder S2.

Hello!

Always liked S2 Audis and the coupe/cabrios generally - but never had one.

Thinking about an S2 Avant or Coupe - or even perhaps a 2.3E Coupe or Cabrio.

Any advice welcome!

Cheers

Hello and welcome. I had a 2.3E for 13 or 14 years and it was a great motor . Have a S2 coupe also, both been ace cars . Most off the cars your thinking of are good although like anything they all have week sports. Have a look at S2 central there's a buyer's guide i believe
    Keep an eye on here for something. Good luck with your hunt. Regards

Comment

This will no doubt upset the Coupe owners but having owned both I would go for an S2 Avant over a Coupe. The Coupe looks better but it's almost impossiable to get the windscreen replaced properly and they're somewhat prone to leaking due to it being Audi's first attempt at pillarless doors.

The Avant also benfits from much more advanced rear suspension which is basically identical to a B5 car, to the extent a lot of the parts are interchangable.

As above I had a 2.3E for well over ten years and about 100K miles of my ownership and it was still going strong when I broke it at around 250K miles when I got my first S2.

It was the car that converted me from being a MK2 Golf/Corrado nut, the build quailty of the B3/4 cars is outstanding though don't rule out a C4 quattro as IMO these are the best cars Audi ever produced, they're built like tanks but are lovely to drive.

1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
      X