Hello All, Currently have B5 S4 looking for UR or S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All, Currently have B5 S4 looking for UR or S2

Just saying hi to all and a little advice would be great....

I'm selling my B5 S4, Stage 3 and am in the market for a UR quattro or an S2 and build it up over a year or so. I'm tempted for the UR because of it's shape and weight but I really want the 20vt engine in what ever decide to build up, will also be running Motec/Autronic or 034 computer.

I'm in Sydney Australia, and was just wondering how difficult it is to source 20vt engines or if you can use the 20vt head on the original UR block, how difficult is it to get the head and associated hardware?

First welcome to the family of the S2forum

Second here you will find a bunch of usefull information about the 20vT , and the friendly kind persones arround here will guide you and advice you for the best to do

Comment

I cant comment on what it is like in OZ, alot of american guys have converted 20V engines to S2's so it shouldnt be too bad to do. You if they had the URS4 in OZ they have a very similar engine to the S2
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeah there are a few URS4's over here but not very many at all. I think I have seen 1 forsale in about 1 1/2 years.... Friend of mine bought that one, very cheaply too. I would love to buy it off him and put the running gear in the UR. That should be doable shouldn't it?

Comment

Certainly would be, would need the wiring loom too, you may be able to source a 7A block to use as the basis if it is going to be modded a bit at the same time it could be a good choice
          Greg

Comment

What models come with the 7a block? How hard is it to get the 20vt head?

I would like to build the engine fully while the original is still in the car. Also I will be putting a Full engine management system in Motec/Autronic/O34. So wiring loom should not be that important should it?

Comment

7A engine comes from the 20V coupe
              Greg

Comment

Well that's no good, not many 20v or 20vt's in Oz at all.... Guess I will have to look for a URS4 to steal the gearbox and engine out of.

What other option would I have if I have 2 engines available for build ups....

URQ's MB, what's required to convert it to 20vt?

80's i5 10v, what would be required to convert this to 20vt? (only has 30k kms on it)

I'm trying to get a compression ratio of about 8.2-8.7, and will be rebuilding all internals and custom Intake Mani and Exhaust Mani running an autronic or 034 ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by Milka View Post
                  URQ's MB, what's required to convert it to 20vt?
                  Getting the engine in is the easy bit, if you are using an AAN then it is also possible to keep the front facing inlet manifold, you need to angle the main radiator to gain clearance, fan and cowl need to be removed and a Kenlowe fan or similar fitted instead.
                  The intercooler ends up sitting where the aux radiator would sit, we normally use a modified ABY intercooler.
                  You can use the stock PAS pump and hoses but you need to move it down to where the alternator would've been on the AAN and manufacture some custom mounts for it, the stock hoses fit with a few tweaks.
                  Flywheel, many choices.
                  Can post images if required.
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

I'm not so much worried about all the ancillary components, one of my best mates has his own performance car fabrication shop and can assist with anything I need. I'm more interested in finding out how to build the engine up properly, esp if I can't get hold of a full URS4 engine/gearbox (which would be the easiest way).

I would like to build the engine up over a few months, just don't know my options for which block to run with which head for ~8.5 cr etc. In OZ here we don't have many 20vt or 20v engines at all, most came with the 10v or 10vt.

Maybe I should just get an s2 as it's already got it all.... I do prefer the URq's shape though.

Comment

Working...
                    X