Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch

Hello all,

New S2 owner with a car i can't now drive!! Just popped out to pick the missus up from work, pulled away from lights hard in second and , hey presto i now can't change gear!! Had to be towed home!

Please God tell me it's just a broken clutch cable!!!

Sound familiar to anyone?

Should have said at the start my car's an ABY 1995 N reg with 113k on the clock.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Probably just the clutch or relase bearing. We don't have clutch cables as it is hydralic matey.
    Correct me if wrong guys.
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Yeah, my bet would be a £35 release bearing being the culprit!

Happened to me last year and cost near £700 to get it sorted professionally.
      Might as well fit new clutch whilst you're at it. £700 should cover it all.

Anything else worth replacing/inspecting whilst the g'box is out?
      RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Does the clutch pedal feel normal or hard and crunchy.

A hard and crunchy pedal on mine was the master cylinder under the dash. The actuator bar is poorly designed and eventually bends and snaps. If you are lucky it might be that.

As others have said a release bearing is the other culprit. While the clutch is out do the slave cylinder as well for piece of mind. Budget for £700 - £1000 if you need slaves and or master cylinders too...

Good luck.

Cheers,

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
        X