Joining the >200hp Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the >200hp Club

Been on the forum for almost a year now, after going to the Nurburgring with my brother Ross, in his old S2 Coupe 3B.

Today, i picked up my S2

I purchased the beast from Dan in Sheffield.

She is a ragussa green ABY coupe, 1996 N Reg with 112k on the clock. Completely stock other than a porsche front brake upgrade and an s6 rear brake upgrade. Clear glass sunroof and leather recaro's as options. I am also getting the carbon trim fitted.

I already have plans to upgrade several other things e.g. alloys and suspension

Anyway, many thanks Dan for a quality sale .

Cheers,

Andy
    S2Forum.com Administrator

And a black headlining
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Outstanding brother welcome to THE club! Hope you enjoy your S2 as much as the forum boys do. They may be a money pit but they ALWAYS put a smile on your face when they are running right!
      ATB

RAOUL

Comment

Welcome to the club Andy

I'm glad to see Ross' wisdom has rubbed off on you...

The car sounds nice, and I'm sure it will soon be joining the ranks of the modded ones... Pics please, we need pics too...
        Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Welcome to the +200bhp club

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BRY View Post
            And a black headlining
            Hah, yeah and a black headlining!

Forgot your one of about 3 people on the forum that know the car

As for the money pit, i've come armed with a credit card! These things can't be quantified with money.

I've still got the grin on my face from the drive home, no matter how bad the M6 was! Quite a contrast from a 1.2 16v clio i'll say

Pics, well id barely had her for a couple of hours and i've had to drop her off in Windermere for an MOT tomorrow

I'm sure she will pass with flying colours though, Dan has kept her in fantastic condition.

You can view the pics i was sent at:

http://www.andy-burton.co.uk/s2/1.jpg
            http://www.andy-burton.co.uk/s2/2.jpg
            http://www.andy-burton.co.uk/s2/3.jpg

I'm waiting for a clear weekend to spend giving her a proper go-over!

My list of desired mods currently consists of:

Forge DV
            Boost Gauge
            Samco Hoses
            18" RS4/6 Replica Alloys (Undecided)
            Bilstein & H+R Suspension
            Milltek Exhaust System
            HID Xenon's
            Followed by a remap to ~280bhp when the above is completed.

I've already declared most on the insurance so i need to get them done now!

Cheers guys!

Andy

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh - thats why the name was familiar !

Good man Sonic.

Paul
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

its about time... but you do realise that if you map the S2 I'll be forced to map the scooby to match you!
                Haynes Manual:As described in Chapter 7...

Translation:That'll teach you not to read through before you start, now you are looking at scarey photos of the inside of a gearbox.

Comment

Well done Andy, looks like you got a good'un
                  Chef

Comment

@ Sonic - nice one, hope you enjoy it!
                    With your list of mods, seeing as it's already had its brakes done, why leave the re-map 'till last? :
                    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Uh... gutted.

She failed her MOT 24 hours after i picked her up

Front right bushes apparently. I'm not amazingly mechanical so am a little unsure what exactly these do. I gather something to do with the suspension.

@Karak - your just upset because my completely stock s2 cruised past you and your impreza last night

@terrybullwon - cheers, i *really* wanted a pearl white one after seeing some pics of yours, but theyre so rare i gave in...

@dan_b - I think i need to get used to 230bhp first

Comment

Hi Andy,

Probably the front wishbone bushes. They are almost a service item on these cars if you drive them properly. They are not expensive, £8 each or something like that, but you will need to strip the wishbones off and have them pressed in. Any decent garage can do them, and it should not be much more than a few hours labour. I would do all four while you are there, you will notice the way it drives straight away...

Good luck and enjoy your new toy!

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Cheers Steve,

I've got a mechanic who says he can get the VAG parts for £16 each, so 4x £16 for the front sets. That or the "front rods" (?) that would sort it out for £70 each or something.

The rear set are more than fine apparently, but if you'r saying its worth it then i'll take your advice!

Comment

Hi Andy,

I was referring to the four off bushes for the front only. The rears will need doing much much less frequently. You can replace the arms instead as the labour to do it is less expensive, so the cost works out to be similar either way....

Cheers,

Steve.
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Well,

Picked her up this evening after repairs. Got the front wishbone bushes replaced, new wipers, put spare wheel on font right , and a new boot seal - the last one that vag parts have - in the world (I think ill be keeping my old one....)

Why didn't i do this earlier?!

had some fun with a mk1 golf that was pretty quick. It pulled away from me, then she started pulling it back - shame my spare tyre is only H rated - and i want to live

A guy also walked into the place i had the work done (i was with my mate with his impreza), my mate asks how things were, he replied he was just checking out the gorgeous audi parked out front

If the sayings were true - id certainly feel more adequate now!

Comment

Working...
                              X