New member - No S2 yet tho!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - No S2 yet tho!

Hello! Some may recognize the name from audifans. Gave into peer pressure and signed up here.

I been in the UK about since Nov 06 (8-9 months?) I'm american serving overseas here at lakenheath, bout 30-40min from cambridge on one side and norwich on the other.

Don't have an s2, but I have my hands full with my 80. It's a 1992 saloon, AAH 2.8 v6, quattro, etc etc. Just broke 220,000mi not too long ago, and car is still going strong! Has a small coolant leak and a even smaller oil leak at the oil cooler by the filter but nothing not manageable. No interior amenties such as AC or leather or any of that good stuff.

Since I bought it with no service history (amazingly the prev owner gave me the book about 5 months after), and it needed some work (was overheating and temp gauge doesnt work), I went to town on it. So far, in no particular order:

-New radiator
    -New front shocks + top mounts
    -Cambelt + the works (water pump, t-stat, etc)
    -brake bomb
    -3 spoke sport steering wheel
    -other maintenance

Bought some nice cross drilled + slotted rotors and pads only to find they fit a 90, doh!

Have never really attended shows until I got here to the UK, was at Stanford Hall for a lil bit and went for the 1st day to GTI Int'l where I saw your stand there, took quite a few pics. Going up to Leeds really soon, would be nice to meet some of ya there!

Future mods include the voltage regulator behind the dash (fuel and temp gauges waiver like a politician), lowering springs, 17" wheels, then some breathing mods (exhaust + intake) as my exhaust rusting and leaking somewhere.

Unfortunately I have my MOT on Saturday (road tax went out the other day!) so I am a little nervous as it's my first and the car is not totally in perfect order.

Here are some obligatory pics.

First bought in Feb:

Much more recent

Very Nice!

Can we tempt you into S2 ownership. :mischeif:

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Amazing how and Audi just hides the miles isn't it? Looks in good nick and had plenty done to it too.
      David
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

If you buy me one you are on! Unfortuantely my Audi has a keen sense of when I am saving money or making more money and will increase it's running cost

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
          Amazing how and Audi just hides the miles isn't it? Looks in good nick and had plenty done to it too.
          David
          Indeed, I see other cars that dream of the miles that this Audi has. I want to see 250k on this, should not be too hard

While the paint can shine up real nice after all these years, the exterior is not in showroom condition. It's faded at the end of the spoiler, a few stone chips and such on the bonnet, a few spots of rust here and there, major paint wrinkle on the lip of the rear spoiler, and a amazing variety of scratches and dings, some deep, and some shallow. I am considering a respray with the time and money comes. If I showed you the high res pics of those I took, you would see what I am talking about!

Of course you can come see it for yourself at Leeds, will be on stand with AOC

Also forgot to mention that I was a nissan guy back home before I came here, and was about to learn Jeeps. When I came here, I was looking for a, dare I say it, e36! Blasphemy! Although I always had a soft spot for b6 a4s, wasn't really looking for this until I saw it one day for sale real cheap. Mate I bought it from has a UR as well. He just bought a coupe from another S2 owner named stewart in leicesterchire (not sure if he is on here or not, don't remember much other than it was green). Anyway, good thing I was steered toward 4 rings and not the propeller!

Comment

Beemer ownership lol, well your car will still be going strong long after the rest have rusted away.

Comment

Working...
            X