Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midlife Crisis?

Hello

I don't usually do these intro things but its never too late to start being polite...

Its also difficult to know where to start... As I'm a greedy sod, for the last 7 years I've owned 2 cars, one being a Reliant Scimitar Sabre 1800Ti Mk2. These were the final evolution of a 2 seater sports car that started as the ugly SS1 and got progressively easier on the eye as time passed. They are also parts bin specials so although it wasn't pretty, the running gear, if you bought the right one was, spot on. These right bits included a turbo charged engine from Nissan and a differential straight out of a Sierra. You also got some fancy custom bits like level arm front suspension. over the years, this car has had some bits bought for it including a mostly forged engine and turbo, a re-engineered gearbox (inc sequential shifter - I believe one of these is appropriate ), a slippery diff, aftermarket engine management, injectors, intercooler etc.

My wife won't drive "anything too big" yet we need at least one reasonably sized car between us and as I won't drive anyone with knees in my back, I got to drive a Passat Estate V6 TDi mile muncher. Recently the missus has decided that a C Max "isn't too big" so that's what she's getting and I have started travelling to work on the train instead of spending 4 hours of each day on the M25. All of which gives me freedom to buy one of the following:

Audi S2/RS2
    Clio 172/182
    200sx S15
    Porsche 968

Just need to get my **** in gear to sell the Passat and order the C Max and flog her Ibiza 100PD SE.

So, do your best not to judge me for my eclectic potential car list and I'll do my best to make use of the search button.

Ben

and good luck with your search for your new S2 or RS2 they are the only 2 decent options on your list there imho anyway
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Hi Ben,

I've had my rs2 for a few months now as had the need for a second/larger car and wanted something a 'bit' special. I have a new porker boxster S and although I love it I find myself getting straight into the 'wagon' without a sideward glance at the poor silver thing.....

Get an s2 or rs2. The exclusivity alone of these rare beasts is good for the soul, plus they are so much fun to drive as most know not what they are. Porsche 968 though is tempting

Good luck!
      Dan
      Sherv (Dan)

S5 with all the goodies
      SOLDRS2 Volcano Black RHD 55k

Comment

Working...
      X