Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another noob from Northern Ireland

Hello everyone!

I'm from Norn Ireland and have been involved in the Vw scene since my teens. (almost 40 now! ) I've owned a couple of 80 sports in the early 90's which I truly loved but there ends my Audi history.

I have just bought a 1994 16v coupe in black. I know it's not the most desired S2 types like some of the beauties I've seen on here but with 36k and a full history I couldn't really pass it. I got it with the intention of using it as my daily so I'm sure you lot will keep me straight. First on the list is to sort a few electrical niggles then some rims and although I've been searching through 4x108's I already realise that the nice stuff is 5x112!!
    1969 Type3 Notchback (2019cc)
    1988 T3 Carat
    1994 Audi Coupe 16v
    2007 Vw Beetle

Welcome on board... Hopefully this place won't drive you mad with frustration and jealousy about the big power monsters on here. There's been a good few new members joining from your part of the world (and mine) recently. Makes me all the more determined to organise a gathering over here this spring or summertime - been talking about for ages now...

Many of your electrical and running gear questions will be answerable here.

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

welcome mate. i'm from n. ireland but live in scotland now. I have a 16v and an s2 that i've been putting together for ages now. 16v is a good solid car. yours must be amazing with such low mileage. where's the pictures then?
      cheers
      Noel
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      1990 CQ20v
      2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

36k, wow that has done nothing mileage wise. Has it ever had a belt change given the low miles...personally i'd be changing that immediately if not!

Look fwd to seeing some pics

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Welcome

Welcome on board. As Paul says it would be great if all the members of this side of the water were able to meet up sometime later this year. Time will tell.

Congratulations on finding such a low mileage one. Consider changing the inlet cam and it will rev a little more willingly. Relay the Headlights. Change to Aero Wipers.

Although as it is so good probably leaving well enough alone is the best choice for now, but I agree with going up to 5 x 112. If you find out the exact details please share as I'm keen to change my current daily's 1993 2.0L 16v Avant to 5 x 112.

Any photos?

Kind regards.

Comment

Cheers for the comments. A good service including belts is top of the list even though there is a dealer history. Better safe that sorry.

A meet up this side of the water would be good. My brother and another friend both have coupes as well. It was my brothers that made me think of one!!

I'll post some pics when I can get the batteries out of the Tv remote!
            1988 T3 Carat
            1994 Audi Coupe 16v
            2007 Vw Beetle

Comment

if you meet i'll try to time it with my next visit home. not sure how my missus and son will feel about it if they're sitting in the car while I dscuss bumpers but hey... better this than morris dancing.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              1990 CQ20v
              2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

AAhhhh no your not on this forum now as well are ya

You never no where you find me matey

Jim was telling me the other day you'd bought Coupe but didnt know much else, thats a belter at low miles!

You up for this charrrittyyyy run next saturday Belfast - Coleraine?

Going to go and give the S2 a run out

Talk soon bud Health to drive the Coupe

Now................get back to that garage and finish that notch!
                WTD - B3 coupe Quattro

Comment

Cheers matey. Speak to ya soon. Here she is:

She need the back bumper resprayed though.

1988 T3 Carat
                  1994 Audi Coupe 16v
                  2007 Vw Beetle

Comment

Clean Clean

Nice one, looking forward to seeing it at the Irish Meet? Clear indicators?

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
                      Nice one, looking forward to seeing it at the Irish Meet? Clear indicators?

Kind regards.
                      Already on it!:mischeif:
                      1988 T3 Carat
                      1994 Audi Coupe 16v
                      2007 Vw Beetle

Comment

Sailed through MOT!! Yipee! Now only a week to wait before I tax it. I'm leaving it to the first of the month and then I get to drive it properly! I've only driven it to and from the MOT so I'm going to take it for a proper spin.
                        1988 T3 Carat
                        1994 Audi Coupe 16v
                        2007 Vw Beetle

Comment

Good Stuff Matey

must give you a bell i got your voicemail u left ages ago
                          WTD - B3 coupe Quattro

Comment

No worries mate. I was just wanting to know if you could recommend anyone to sort a few niggles out?
                            1988 T3 Carat
                            1994 Audi Coupe 16v
                            2007 Vw Beetle

Comment

Working...
                            X