Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie from the South West

Hello everybody

I was having a quiet Friday beer, as you sometimes do, and thought it was finally about time to introduce myself and my cars to the forum.

2001 Y plate A4 1.9TDi Avant in quartz grey, posh dag dag with S-steering wheel and factory lowered suspension to remind me of.....

1995 N plate S2 ABY Avant in emerald green, with 71.5K on the clock

and, not forgetting the other halfs motor, bought 10 years ago this summer, bless her....

1985 B plate 80 Sport 1.8i (DZ motor) in alpine white

I bought my S2 last summer, so I'm new to the S2 but not to Audi. And thanks to you guys, I'm already learning fast (and spending too!!)......

The S2 is straight and mainly stock, although it has had a very light front knock in the past, not under my ownership It was too tempting with that mileage, and the damage was obviously superficial in the main. The car has had the aux rad removed and a larger, elevated oil cooler mounted. Also lowered on H&Rs but front shocks are original and past their best....next job

And I have to say a big thanks to Audiman on here (Tom) - he has had a good poke over this machine and all is well now due to a comprehensive service. Tom seems happy with the car condition . Next stop 500hp?????? Fully recommended .

Thanks also to Pete at Quattro corner for the Milltek cat back which Tom has also fitted. Also JAS11N for the ambient temp LED illumination fix:BTDT. During the service, Tom also mopped up a minor boost leak, fitted the MarkH ic mod, changed all fluids and belts, plugs, filters, etc., cleaned out ISV, new fuel filter, new aux water pump, power steer pump leaks (cross head plugs) and some new stock rear pads and discs, plus a 'light' front brake upgrade to grooved red dot discs and fast road pads - still bedding in so we'll see how they get on, although I'm not expecting miracle stopping power with stock disc dimensions and calipers

I had the car rolling road tested in Aug 07 (pre-service and work) at TSR in Bridgwater. She made 228BHP and 238lb-ft at the flywheel with an ambient air temp of 21degrees C, confirming a solid standard car. Tom thought I might have the RS2 ic fitted (part no 8AO145805B fitted - VAG parts show RS2 ic as 805C, can anyone confirm?) and the hose off it is red in colour - is that RS2 too??

Next stop is home fries or other generic remap, but the question of RS2 em, injectors, larger turbo and free flowing down pipe and cat is already niggling me..... somebody tell me to stop before I start please.....................:mischeif:

Anyway, hello again and some pics and sounds to follow:
    Attached Files
    AUDI S2 - There can be only one..............

another photo
    Attached Files

Comment

i come up your way all the time...go to brigewaters Audi4U...the chap with one leg..............

Comment

another one....
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome
          Very nice cars you have there!
          Have a look at the Avant register in my signature

Comment

Hello AndyG_Plym

Have a beer for me on Mutley Plain.....you old sea dog!

Yes, I use Audi4U for parts and occasional work. You are referring to Keith, his son Bo did my A4 airbag ecu last year - used to work for Taunton Audi. They are good for spares and very good for information. They arre a bit busy at the moment??

See u round maybe...

Comment

Hello Dest,

You do not know how close I came to buying your car before you got your hands on it...

Check this out, it's your car last year.....
              Attached Files

Comment

nice rear end....
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LowlanderS2 View Post
                  Hello Dest,

You do not know how close I came to buying your car before you got your hands on it...

Check this out, it's your car last year.....
                  Did you go and view it?

Comment

Dest,

Was going to travel up from Somerset to view yours when the seller told me it was sold........to you??!!!

I was a bit gutted at the time as I preferred your colour, but settled for green and low mileage instead 'cos I had to have one..................

May I congratulate you on your progress so far.........................you have done what I would have done on a higher mileage example, my dilema is what should I do with 71.5K on the clock - mod further or retain as semi-original example?????

Comment

here is the RS2 cat back pre-fitting....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LowlanderS2 View Post
                        Dest,

Was going to travel up from Somerset to view yours when the seller told me it was sold........to you??!!!

I was a bit gutted at the time as I preferred your colour, but settled for green and low mileage instead 'cos I had to have one..................

May I congratulate you on your progress so far.........................you have done what I would have done on a higher mileage example, my dilema is what should I do with 71.5K on the clock - mod further or retain as semi-original example?????
                        Ah right, he held it for me for a week! I was due to go up down to view it and my fuel pump died 2 miles from my house on the way down
                        Got there in the end though... Id be glad you didnt get it if I were you, I had alot of problems with the boost, but have got it running spot on now after alot of money, sweat and tears!
                        I agree about the colour, its one of the reasons I stuck with it

As for yours, mod it, you know you want to!
                        Look at the first post in my members cars section thread, in the first post I said it was going to stay standard

Comment

Dest,

Here are your answers to the 80 Sport stats:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Excuse the interruption

Dest,

Sorry to butt in, but what was the cure for your woes in the end?

Welcome Lowlanders2, I'd mod it mechanically only, along the lines that you are thinking, take your time, do it once and do it right first time.

Thanks and kind regards.

Comment

Combination of new intercooler (hole in the back) throttle body to boost pipe hose, coils, maf, wgfv

Comment

Working...
                              X