Audi 80 Cabriolet 4.2 Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 Cabriolet 4.2 Quattro

Hi all we are in need of some more parts so i can get on with fitting the engine.I need the gearbox mounting brackets off the 6 Speed s2 gearbox.Im then going to need a flywheel ,The audi s6 Manual is the same i believe.I can then get on with installing the engine.I have then got to get a 6 speed gear linkage rear diff and rear subframe. CAN ANYONE HELP.cory@carrepairsrugby.co.uk

Well i am new here and i am learning a lot from this forum.But i don't have any idea on this.Maybe you can search in the net.
    BMW Performance Chip

Comment

some very rare parts you need there unfortunately.

Normally there are some gearbox mounts and linnkages to be found on ebay.de but be prepared to pay as they are hard to come by.

Rear diff and subframe are easy. HTH
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Rear diff, if you ask I bet he has the subframe too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Try these guys for a six speed linkage, be prepared though, they ain't cheap

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/VRS-Northam...subZ1274434018
        sigpic
        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Cory,that diff is no good for using with those driveshafts you got off me unless you get some flanges off a knackered s2 diff,S2 ones are 108mm and a 20v ones are 100mm

That ad needs rewording

Comment

s2 diff

hi, have a diff from an s2 avant complete with mountings. ran very quiet,no knocks bangs or whines. any use to you?

Comment

TO SEE PHOTOS SEARCH FOR Corys. lost my log in ages ago

Couldn't post due to emain account getting hacked and losing my login. Have a look at my new profile to see photos. The car now starts run and can be driven in and out of the workshop. Still loads more to do. Need suspension cooling and exhaust. Then a full stip down respray retrim etc. but ill never give up. I have a unique car and cant wait to get behind the wheel. Thanks for looking.

Comment

What rear subframe and diff did you end up using? Did you have to swap out the rear floor section for one from a quattro?

Comment

Unless Corey built a bespoke floor pan then the answer would be yes .
                  If so a normal coupe quattro rear subframe can be used
                  S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

We fitted the S2 coupe floor. It's been on hold for a while as my other car needed restoration but will get on with finishing very soon.

Comment

may some of the V6 flywheel and clutcher will go for the v8 verson...( havent tryed).... there are some s6+ with manuell( only 97year)...

Comment

The V8 has been on hold but my other project is almost done so this year I will be getting on with it. Audi 80 Cabriolet 4.2 Quattro 6 speed manual. It has not been easy but the hardest parts are now done.

Comment

Hi Cory ,
                          Was actually searching the net the other day to see how you were getting on with this . Would be great to see a build thread
                          Gav
                          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

v8

Will take me a year to get the build done. My E30 325i Mtec 2 Convertible had a full restoration but I became ill so was unable to work on it for almost a year. But now it's very nearly done. Will sell the BMW when my V8 is ready for the road. I just bought a nice 1.8 Audi 80 cabriolet final edition in black with red roof red leather ellipsoids etc etc. Will fit the best bits onto my V8 and use it as a daily driver and then have the V8 for the weekends. Will put build info on here once I'm sure everything works perfectly. Now I'm recovered I can get on with it. It's my dream car I always wanted an Audi Cabriolet I think they still look better than the current cars. There's no big rush I'd rather wait and have it spot on. Wasn't expecting to take this long though.

Comment

youtube video of the car driving for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-5YvJiz9Oo

We had to adjust the gear linkage so it now goes into reverse.
                              I have the shortned Bilstein rear shocks and will do a coil over conversion to lower the rear end.
                              still lots to do but its getting there and im in no rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X