Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction + Does anyone know this car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction + Does anyone know this car??

Hi Guys,

I have been looking at getting a S2 for sometime now. I have been keeping an eye on piston heads for a relatively low mileage one, maybe under 100k if I can afford it.

This one popped up on it last night: http://pistonheads.com/sales/1877803.htm

Does anyone know of this car? Given the mileage it seems a like a bit of a bargain, would you guys agree?

Thanks for the input.

Cheers,
    Brian

Nice looking car, best interior IMO, usually forum members put a very detailed description with cars for sale.
    Shane

Comment

Originally posted by S2head View Post
      Hi Guys,

I have been looking at getting a S2 for sometime now. I have been keeping an eye on piston heads for a relatively low mileage one, maybe under 100k if I can afford it.

This one popped up on it last night: http://pistonheads.com/sales/1877803.htm

Does anyone know of this car? Given the mileage it seems a like a bit of a bargain, would you guys agree?

Thanks for the input.

Cheers,
      Brian
      Brian,
      Looks like a nice one, with according to listing, FSH and verification of mileage.
      I think you are wise to ask for advice from the forum members, lots of good advice on here.
      I would not waste any time if you are really interested. There are others looking constantly and often manage to snap decent cars up before others get a chance.
      I know from experience.
      He who hesitates!

Comment

Wow...

That's a big price drop and it's worth that all day long as long as there are no issues with it...

Same Spec as mine.... but 20k less and 2 years newer!!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Just on to him there and surprise surprise there is a catch!! it needs a full respray... So I suppose with that it is a fair price for it

Comment

There are a few for sale in ireland, and I am sure you could get them less for what they are listed.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/find/cars/fo...0s2?source=all
            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by S2head View Post
              Just on to him there and surprise surprise there is a catch!! it needs a full respray... So I suppose with that it is a fair price for it
              Does he say why... It don't look that bad in the pictures...

Sure a good polish and detail wont sort it?? The orginal paintwork on these is normally superb & takes lots of abuse...

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

I wouldn't be too bothered about mileage, well minded and well serviced with twice that mileage and it'll have loads of life left in it..
                Most of these cars rust out where the bumper meets the front wings, the lacquer on the bonnet lifts sometimes and you'll probably get some rust spots above the windscreen if it was ever changed.
                Other than that I think there must be a reason for a full respray; ie bird ****?

With the dry weather these days you'd want to get a garden hose and check there's no leak around the drivers door. There's a few threads up here about common coupe leaks.

Loads of other stuff to check, the paint wouldn't scare me off personally.

I you would consider a hearse there's an rs2 on donedeal too!!
                Shane

Comment

Would love the RS2 thats up there, but VRT would be a killer. Over 5K for vrt. MADNESS!!!!!
                  Eric

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                    Would love the RS2 thats up there, but VRT would be a killer. Over 5K for vrt. MADNESS!!!!!

I'm hoping to pay that rs2 a visit in the next week or 2 if it stays for sale. I'll have to bring my haggling hat with me if I'm to afford it tho'...

Brian BTW, actually buy my red coupe off me and I'll buy that rs2 in the morning.
                    Shane

Comment

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
                      I'm hoping to pay that rs2 a visit in the next week or 2 if it stays for sale. I'll have to bring my haggling hat with me if I'm to afford it tho'...

Brian BTW, actually buy my red coupe off me and I'll buy that rs2 in the morning.
                      That RS2 looks nice right enough, and even with the 5K VRT would put it at about £13k, which seems about the right ballpark for a RHD one.

How did you get the VRT figure anyway, when ive been on the ROS calculator thingy it doesnt seem to have the early "S" cars listed, so i'm just kind of guestimating how much it would be to VRT an S2?
                      "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Comment

Best to call them I think, when I registered my s2 a few years back it was well over €2.5k. I declared to them that there were no extras when it was new because leather etc was all standard for the s2, that saved a few € IIRC.

EDIT: I think it's listed as "audi quattro s2" or "audi coupe s2 quattro" or more likely "audi 80 coupe s2 quattro turbo 4wd"
                        Last edited by s2_wot; 19 July 2010, 16:54.
                        Shane

Comment

Yep, its unlisted so you wont get a VRT price for S2, or RS2. They have to contact Roslare to get VRT quotes on these cars. VRT is now calculated on 36% of open market selling price. When I went to get my S2 VRT'd , I asked for a quote on an RS2 also. The oms of the RS2 is over €15000. It took a day for them to come back with a price.

Just for your information VRT for both of my S2s was about €1500.
                          Eric

Comment

I think it's in need of a respray due to dents etc.. the guy said he's not much of enthusiast or anything, just has the car for years. . he's sending me pics later on along with details on service history etc..

I was on to the VRT office looking for quotes, here's what they gave me:
                            Audi S2, 1995, 120000 miles. OMSP €4000 - VRT €1440.

Audi S2, 1992, 120000 miles. OMSP €3500 - VRT €1260.

They said the mileage doesn't really come into it that much, so I would expect the 1440 to suit the one above..

Comment

about 1500ish was the rough figure i had been expecting.
                              "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Comment

Working...
                              X