Hi from another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from another newbie

Hi everyone, im new to forums so forgive me in advance for when i do something stupid. I very recently got hold of a 1994 s2 Avant, it doesnt seem to have had a good life (has a LOT of oil in the spark plug wells etc) but was a straight swap for an mx5 so cant complain. Its good fun so hopefully il be able to get it running properly soon as.
    Anyways, thats pretty much me

Originally posted by andy broke it View Post
    Hi everyone, im new to forums so forgive me in advance for when i do something stupid. I very recently got hold of a 1994 s2 Avant, it doesnt seem to have had a good life (has a LOT of oil in the spark plug wells etc) but was a straight swap for an mx5 so cant complain. Its good fun so hopefully il be able to get it running properly soon as.
    Anyways, thats pretty much me
    Welcome Andy,

Oil in spark plug holes is an easy fix... cam cover gasket set... it'll be the gasket inside, round all the plug holes...

Chris
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Thanks Chris...i was hoping that would be all it was

Comment

to the forum. I'm sure you'll find all the help and advice you need to get the old girl back up to the standard you want. Of course all plans are there to be changed and if you follow 90% of members then you'll catch the modding bug sooner rather than later
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I changed the cam cover gasket not long ago as oil was leaking down the back of the engine. It's a pretty easy job, made even easier by the guide here: http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...ver_gasket.htm

Changing it cut down my oil usage by about 80% so well worth doing!

Comment

Good cars, get some pics up where abouts you based?

Comment

haha, thanks Andy. To be honest i only want it running properly so i have a good base to mod from.

Cheers Colesy, thats probably gonna save me taking off a lot of bits i dont need to!!

Down in hastings acidburn...il get some up soon as she gets a good polish.

Comment

The cam cover gasket, shown in the diagram below as Item 17 (including the circular gaskets around the spark plug wells), part no. for the ABY is 034198025F

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Welcome to the forum:

Originally posted by andy broke it View Post
                  haha, thanks Andy. To be honest i only want it running properly so i have a good base to mod from.
                  If you don't get addicted to s2 mods it won't matter, they're magnetic and will find their way towards you
                  Shane

Comment

Anyone know where to get a cam cover gasket? the places i have tried down my way dont do them anymore...

Comment

Speak to Quattro Corner, (Pete Reeve on here)

Cheers,

Steve.
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I should have had that username when i started out

Welcome
                        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

sounds like a result for the MX5 - they are hairdressers cars anyway!

Comment

Welcome. An all the work you have to do to the car will be worth it when you come across an mx5 trying to overtake you..lol...

Comment

Thanks Steve, hopefully there is one waiting at home for me...

oi, behave you 2...it might have been a bit camp but it was good clean sideways fun

Comment

Working...
                              X