Hi New S2 owner north england

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi New S2 owner north england

Hi Im Jamie I live in Northumberland England and I`ve just collected my S2 from the furthest point north in the mainland uk 900 miles round trip... Thurso.

It is in need of a little TLC the boot lock is duff the electric windows went down once but not up any ideas the switches work fine but cant find the relay its like a bowl of worms under the steering wheel.

the Paint work is bubbling on the arches from a poor repair but I wanted one so I better get on fixing...

more Pics to follow

welcome! very nice car!

im in newcastle, and a few other members are here up north.

let me know if you need any help in anything

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      welcome! very nice car!

im in newcastle, and a few other members are here up north.

let me know if you need any help in anything
      Touche....

Well Cramlington actually...

Comment

Cheers lads I`ve scatched my head so much there are wood shavings all over the drive lol. but yeah I could do with a hand it has a clifford alarm which is really annoying and the wiring is all over the place under the dash I would like to remove the alarm and fix the windows but cant find the relay

Comment

look at S2central.net for all the relays. If i remember correctly, the window's relay is one of the rectangular large ones, inderneath the driver's shelf.

Comment

if its a g500 intelliguard or something like that, alarm. im in shiremoor if you wanna lend of the instruction manual, my ibiza has it and i removed the autoclosure for the windows as it couldn't get them to work,

Comment

Looks nice.

Comment

Nice looking S2 mate second favourite colour that for the S2 if you need any help am pretty local northumberland/newcastle border.

Comment

Welcome. Looks nice
                  I'm in Durham.

Relay for the windows in under the drivers shelf, far right hand side. Big double relay with 363 in white printed on top.
                  Read this >>> Here
                  My thread there should really be the other way round, as in pull the relay first, open it and check for broken solder joints. Then maybe look at the thermal fuse. Plenty of pics to show you what for and where to look.

Jase..
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                  2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                  1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Hi Jamie,

Just to say hi from me. I owned her before Chris (Thurso) bought from me in January 2010. The windows weren't right when I sold her. Have you got all the info? Receipts etc in binder? Alarm pack is in there, its a Clifford Concept 650. Did you buy with the
                    S4 wheels on or the 19's? If you need any more info give me a shout. I have the carbon dash at home still if you want that. It's from the S2_bo aftermarket clocks. Yeah, she certainly needs some TLC mate, all the best... Chris.
                    Missing her lots!

Comment

Also, the relay is the fault and the solder has broken. Follow instructions below.

Chris.

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                      Welcome. Looks nice
                      I'm in Durham.

Relay for the windows in under the drivers shelf, far right hand side. Big double relay with 363 in white printed on top.
                      Read this >>> Here
                      My thread there should really be the other way round, as in pull the relay first, open it and check for broken solder joints. Then maybe look at the thermal fuse. Plenty of pics to show you what for and where to look.

Jase..
                      Missing her lots!

Comment

Hey Chris I could kiss you! was not looking forward to pulling the wiring apart.
                        the folder is complete a credit to you and it`s former keepers I would love any bits you have for the car Just let me know how much I owe you,

and by any chance do you have any other keys for her?

and Thanks guys its good to have support, I look forward to meeting you maybe we could get a meeting place one weekend...

Comment

Aye a meeting place up here would be good you only live half an hour away from me?! Am near ponteland ive not long bought 18 inch s8 alloys for mine finishes the car off nice:mischeif: Yours are nice to theres quite a few north east lads up here so next thing to decide is where and when!?

Comment

we should organise something then! lots of nice areas to park and talk! haha. St Marys lighthouse for example!?

Comment

What about Rothbury or Kielder area some good roads up there.

I`ll need a few weeks I`m flat out at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X