Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Scotland

Howdoo,

Thinking about getting an S2 Avant to replace my Mk4 Golf Tdi. Always loved the Audi 5pot so thought it was about time I got my finger out and own one.

Needs a towbar as well for towing my race bike and a bit of space hence the Avant.

Anything to watch for with towing with these cars?
    94-S2 Coupe ABY
    00-B5 RS4

Welcome.. Yeah you dont loose your load..

Comment

Welcome, good luck with the hunt!
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Welcome to s2forum, I have an S6 avant and once towed a trailer with a heavy industrial rotovator. Was impressed how well the car pulled with the added weight. Pity the guy in the BMW trying to pass me on a duel carrageway was not impressed. S6 is a heavier car than the S2 so you should have no problems.

Comment

I have an S4 avant with a towbar I may sell... Also got an S2 avant and a towbar sat in the house I may sell...

Oh, and welcome! Where about are you?

Le Mans 2012
          Nurburgring 700
          1995 S2 Avant

Comment

i recognise that name from pistonheads, Aberdeen?
            If your going to the RR day, I am on the reserve list to put the urS4 on. Can easy take you for a blat afterwards.
            There is an RS2 maybe coming up for sale shortly i know of.

Comment

Is it blue?

Le Mans 2012
              Nurburgring 700
              1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Cheers guys, yeah im i Aberdeen. Madpugger are you meaning you have towbar for sale or an Avant with towbar for sale? Has to be an S2 as Im only looking for the 5cyl engine.

Seen a few down south that are ok but both mention rust. Are these things getting to the stage where rust is coming to the fore?

Really looking for an avant as I have tuned Corrado for fun although if the boot is big enough on the Coupe I could be tempted. I take it the towbar will fit either the Coupe or the Avant?
                94-S2 Coupe ABY
                00-B5 RS4

Comment

Towbars are different on avant to the coupe...

I have a towbar for an avant, and as I have 2 S2 avants, on will be for sale soon...

Le Mans 2012
                  Nurburgring 700
                  1995 S2 Avant

Comment

The original S4 and S6's are the last evolution of the 5pot turbos coullstar, known as the urS4 based on the outgoing Audi 100 chassis or urS6 based on the first generation A6 chassis, both known as the C4 chassis.
                    They do get rust about the wings and the S2 avant around the rear tailgate. My wings are rusted but eventually sourced some OEM spares last week after a very long search.
                    I am a mountain biker, the boot of the S4 avant is collosal, gets a big bike in wihtout wheels off, also got a removeable towbar on mine.
                    If your tall the S2 might feel cramped compared to an S4/6
                    Are you in Aberdeen itself? I am Inverurie direction. Mikes a bit further into Banjo country

The coupe boot is big actually, and i wouldnt discount if you have a trailer. I ran one for 3 years and took the bike in the car loads. Got fridges etc in the boot without any problem, rear seats fold flat and give a big load area. Spare tyre is in the boot which impedes a little, but nothing bad.

@: mike, yes it is.

Comment

Thanks, would only be really looking at the S2. S4/S6 are a bit too big for me, I get by with my Mk4 Golf so dont really need much more space but it would be nice as I used to kip in the back of car at some races.
                      94-S2 Coupe ABY
                      00-B5 RS4

Comment

I wouldnt discount a coupe, one of the other local Aberdeen boys should be able to let you have a look around one. I have had a saloon, coupe and avant. The coupe had more room it is a proper four seater coupe. Big back seats.
                        If like me your usually filthy getting into the car a leather interior helps a bit. That said the cloth/Jaquard wears really well.

A few of my MTB mates race Enduro/MX as well, but they all have vans, assuming you have ruled this out as an option? But then again i nearly fainted when i saw what a few year old VW transporter costs!

Speak to Mudpugger he at least has a few to choose from!

Comment

Originally posted by istoo View Post
                          But then again i nearly fainted when i saw what a few year old VW transporter costs!

yeah me too.
                          94-S2 Coupe ABY
                          00-B5 RS4

Comment

Hi! Welcome here.its good to know that you want to purchase a S2.Good luck for your purchase and enjoy.
                            Cheap Euro Parts

Comment

Working...
                            X