hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi all

hi, some people may now me from srs, i currently have a b5 rs4 but am looking to sell this and buy a bigger family wagon for my wifes childminding, and with some spare money pick up an s2, i really can't do without quattro and turbo
    so i'll probbably be asking lots of dumb questions, please forgive me if the've been asked before, as my time is short on the laptop (lots of working away and very little family time at home).
    looks a good site. and i hope to gleen loads of info and eventually get myself either a nice example or one i can turn into a nice example.
    simon

Welcome along there is a mountain of information in the forum, is the b5 advertised anywhere? Link?
    Shane

Comment

Welcome,

but without wanting to sound like a pita, an S2 has the potential to take up a lot of your time, or if someone else does the fiddling, a fair bit of money, just mentioning it to give you the heads up from the get go.

Your post indicates you're "time poor".

Kind regards.

Comment

thanks. the b5 not advertised yet got to fix the trackrod ends as they were an advisory on the mot and the outer cv boots, then get some good photos taken. as a currsory it's a missano red 2000 xreg with 80,000 mile 11 month mot and 6 month tax rare model with sunroof standard black leather interior, and an mrc stage 2 remap :mischeif: just had the alloys refurbished and the front bumper painted as it was stone chipped. if anyone wants more info pm me, i'll be glad to answer any questions.

Comment

my job comes in fits and starts, at the moment its away all the time but in a few months i could be home for 6months, i dont mind spanner work myself and have taken the engine out of both my old gtr and wrx so know my way around a little. which is the other reason for thinking along the lines of a neglected s2 that i can work on in any spare time and make into a minter.

Comment

Welcome shame you have to sell that mighty beast of yours always been an admirer of the RS4 superb car only way am allowed to get one is to sell my S2 and thats a definite no-goer!!!! good luck in your search obvious areas to look are pistonheads and theres the odd one pops up on here

Comment

just noticed your text under your post. that made me chuckle, cory was based about 15miles from me and i took my rs4 for a once over and a new rocker cover gasket. NEVER AGAIN.

Comment

Simon,

Originally posted by sfrs4 View Post
                my job comes in fits and starts, at the moment its away all the time but in a few months i could be home for 6months, i dont mind spanner work myself and have taken the engine out of both my old gtr and wrx so know my way around a little. which is the other reason for thinking along the lines of a neglected s2 that i can work on in any spare time and make into a minter.
                Given the above post, you're very much in the right place.

The right one for you will pop up, take your time and it will be more obvious when it does.

Comment

Originally posted by sfrs4 View Post
                  just noticed your text under your post. that made me chuckle, cory was based about 15miles from me and i took my rs4 for a once over and a new rocker cover gasket. NEVER AGAIN.

There's no justice in this world. end of.

Comment

thanks david, hope to shift the rs first and get the wife sorted ( how hard is it to find a nice looking turbo diesel estate/people carrier for the right money) then take my time finding the right one like you said. hopefully i wont be without boost for long!

Comment

Working...
                    X