Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally introducing myself

Hello all,

I figured it was time I made some posts and introduced myself on this forum.

I'm from the US, and I actually joined way back in 2009, but I've been more of a lurker checking out everybody's awesome projects rather than an active poster. I've got a 1990 CQ that is about 75% through with an AAN with a GT3071r swap, and a few other goodies. I also have a B6 Avant daily driver.

A quick engine shot of my Coupe:

And my Avant:

I look forward to more interaction between y'all and continuing to read all of the great stuff on this forum!

Welcome, you're in the right place.

Any photos of the Coupe ?

Kind regards.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Thank you.

Here's a pic, although not that recent. It still needs body and paintwork.

Comment

Nice shot of the Avant. Makes me miss mine. Hopefully I can replace it with a B4 Avant someday.

Did you end up removing the battery tray? I noticed it in the first picture.

Comment

dwalmop,

Will look all the sweeter over there once it gets it's fresh coat of paint. Staying with white ?

Do people think the US cars have a greener tint than European cars, or is there no difference ?

Nice to see a B4 with five stud "fat fives". 17"inch ? 5 x 112 ? Part number ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cab9fab View Post

Nice shot of the Avant. Makes me miss mine. Hopefully I can replace it with a B4 Avant someday.

Did you end up removing the battery tray? I noticed it in the first picture.
              Thanks!

The battery tray is staying as a matter of convenience for now. Maybe someday I'll strip it and relocate the battery, but not right now.

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
              Will look all the sweeter over there once it gets it's fresh coat of paint. Staying with white ?

Do people think the US cars have a greener tint than European cars, or is there no difference ?

Nice to see a B4 with five stud "fat fives". 17"inch ? 5 x 112 ? Part number ?

Thanks.
              Yep, staying with pearl white. The car sideswiped a deer before I bought it, hence the black hood, fender, green bumper, and dents down the left side. Not sure how soon I'll be able to get it painted though But on the bright side, I got the car really cheap as a result of the deer.

The fat fives are 17x8, 5x112, et 35. Not sure what the part number is to be honest. Next time I take one of the wheels off I'll make note of it.

Comment

No worries re the fat five part number. If you think of it at the time.

Paint should be the last thing until all else is done. Only body related thing I'd be thinking of is that it is easier to clean the engine bay when it's empty.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello from this side of the pond.I hope you get all the help from the members on here.I hope you can hold back from all the upgrades I must have spent thousands.But its needs more lots more:mischeif:.

Comment

to the best forum going great advice from guys that love Audi,s your coupe will look when finished.

Comment

Working...
                    X