Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 Sport 16V

hi guys,

New to this forum, been with Audi's for years... just come from a B6 S4 V8 and ended up running around in this, my 80 Sport 16V.

Bargain price of £450 secured the car, but its not going to stay the way it is for long.

I am currently working out a project where a 1.8 Turbo engine from a VW passat gets dropped into this baby and I plan to restore the rest of the car to OEM+ spec. Not looking at have a souped up boy racer car with a big ICE install, just a reliable, sleeper in an older classic body shell.

Anyway, Hi for now and expect me to be vulturing on here for advice, parts and so on...

Lee

That looks very clean

Bikerjim has a project thread where he has replaced his 16v with a 1.8t engine. Oddly it's described as OEM+ too Definitely worth a look.

Comment

Yeah, I have been following that, originally I was looking at an S2 engine but Acidburn suggested the 1.8T route based on Bikerjims conversion.

Quite looking forward to seeing it develop, I really want to keep the outside looking stock, basically as it is now but with some minor things like sprayed black trims and so on, rust spots removed and the like.

I like the idea of people thinking its a slow old car then getting toasted by it!

Comment

Yes, his thread has inspired me to do the same as well

Hopefully you can start yours before I do so that I can get tips and information from your build!

Comment

well, I am not as mechanically minded as Bikerjim so will be enlisting Bahnstorm for the engine conversion process, but will be keeping logs on it as we go.

I will be doing all the other non engine/electrics bits though.

what car do you have?

Comment

I LIKE this.

1.8T is the way to go, plenty of room in the engine and plenty of tuning potential.

Good luck and

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Good looking car and will be even better with some mild turbo power.

Comment

thanks guys, I think the major influencing factors in all this was the fact that the body is completely rust free and the numbers are dwindling...

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/audi_80_sport_16v

:-(

Comment

Great car, My previous 16v sport was really quick and had a great top end speed too, it was Tornado red with the red Satin seats and door cards, I now have a 16v quattro which is even rarer with the quattro logo satin seats, its a pity I only do 100 miles a year in it and dont get to enjoy it

Comment

400 coupes down from 680 and 172 '80 s2 turbos' left from 293... better get that 80q conversion plan into action sooner rather than later!
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Should be a good sleeper and definately a car to keep hold of. You can get good power out the 1.8t and the main thing is your keeping the weight down in the car whilst upping the power so a win win situation.

Comment

b3 1.8t's are the way forward and sideways if its a quattro and its wet

Comment

Working...
                        X