X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Audi's......

Hey all,

After browsing forums, this looked the friendliest and most proffessional

I am not a man who just likes one make, or nationality, of car and feel that there are too many great cars out there to miss otherwise. My passions so far have been;

Peugeot 306 GTI6's - I have had a string of these and love them to bits. Contrary to opinions, these have always been very reliable for me (although he electrics leave much to be desired)

Honda CRX mkII's - Fantastic little cars, way ahead of their time. I bought a late spec UKDM 16i16 and spent £6k and 2 years replacing every single part of the car (literally) with the best parts possible. The Integra type R engine eventually made 220.7 bhp at 8300 revs, in a car which finally weighed around 750 Kg. I knew nothing about cars when I started and did every piece of work myself (after hours of research and lots of cursing!!) apart from the respray. I still own this car but unfortunately, it is now to nice to use as a dd

Golf GTI mkII (8v) - My Mrs car (and real lover). This has a fast road cam and coilovers. Great little car, in great condition, although it is starting to feel a little tired. For this reason, it is going in my garage, for a lengthy period, to be completely overhauled......

This brings me to my lovely new (in 1994) Audi

I drove it home today and we are already on very good terms It has been in dry storage for 10 years (apparently) and is a minter. I am an OEM man nowadays but the 16v engine is a little tame and the suspension a little soft, so some subtle adjustments are in order.

I look forward to meeting you all
    If you can't beat them.......... have them beaten.

I'm sure you'll find all the friendliness and advice you need from this forum.
    Now all you need to do is post pictures of your new motor
    John Bowlerwell
    Electronic Engineer

Present:
    Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
    Previous:
    Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
    Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

Welcome, i used to own a few mk2 CR-X's myself, still miss mine
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Cheers lads, It's now time to spend most of my life in the search function

There is something about Rex's, they almost feel like they become an extension of you while driving everyone regrets selling them, although after a bit of searching, it seems to be the same case with S2's

Can anyone save me a little time by pointing me towards a 16v suspension and engine tuning guide please?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, knew a guy over in Henlow who was into his CRX's and always looked ahead of their time
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

As above pics please, would love to see the rex's too, what models were they, Euro or Jap spec?

Dont know much about the 16v engine, though i have driven a 16v Avant which should be the same motor. I have seen mention of people fitting GTi golf cams, tubular manifold from a 20v 5cyl 7A engine, and i think the 10v Audi engines had a larger throttle body that can also be fitted. Audifans.net might be a better place to look for engine specific mods.
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Cheers mcandmar.

Here is the only pic taken in the light today, next to my Mrs poorly golf (with the recently broken trim ) I'll get some more pics up, including interior, tomorrow

I feel a bit naughty sticking a Honda pic on an an Audi forum:mischeif: but here a few are (some were work in progress).......

Comment

I'm not a big Honda fan, but that's a nice looking motor you have there!
                John Bowlerwell
                Electronic Engineer

Present:
                Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
                Previous:
                Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
                Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

to the forum. Like the honda nice little motor there how much power does that produce:mischeif:

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the new purchase and with restoring the golf. Nice honda, I've had a few friends with these over the years.
                    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Looks like quite a funky front suspension setup on those for the age too
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X