PNW CQ --> S2 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNW CQ --> S2 conversion

Howdy everyone. I'm Scott, I have me a 1990 CQ that is currently undergoing an S2 conversion. I have been a VW/Audi fan since I was old enough to drive. I have had 10+ different VW's, and this is my first Audi. My second car was a 1990 Corrado G60, that I loved, but had SO many problems, and ended up hating for a short while. I sold that and for the longest time had wanted to get some sort of VW, and make it all wheel drive . I had never really found a body style Audi that I was completely in love with (that I could afford), until I stumbled across the CQ. Finally bought one about 6 months back, with 160k miles for $3100. It was pearl white with a b4 style hood, with S2 front badge, and S2 three spoke steering wheel, and European headlights. The hood was rattle can white, and with the stock bumper and Euro headlights, I had not front turn signals . So I found and bought front and rear S2 bumpers and had the car painted alpine white. Then just recently I bought my 3b engine, and will soon be doing the tear down/rebuild on the engine, and hunt for a 6 speed 01E. I have already been in touch with a couple people on here, and everyone seems very nice, and I appreciate all the help I have gotten, and will probably get in the future.
    Cheers
    Scott

Picture from previous owner

The day I brought it home

S2 front

Stock speedlines, graphite w/black painted by me

All painted up w/new bumpers

Welcome to the forum! Looks much better with the european front bumper. Good luck with the rest of the build. Btw, what's the porsche hiding in the back ground?
    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Nice project. Between here and Motorgeek, you'll be able to get all the info you need.

Comment

The Porsche hiding in the background is a 1969 911T. It's a customer car. My dad and I run our own little auto repair shop. He specializes in early Porsche's. Mainly 911's and 914-6's

Comment

Working...
        X