Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all!

Hi Guys,

i have been following the s2 forum for some time now. I bought my L reg 94 S2 avant about 4 years ago and love it. Since August 2011 I have had it SORNed, long story but I was not happy to drive such a great car while it was looking like it had leprosy. The laquer onmost side panels was flaking off.

Had the Avant re-sprayed recently, MOT sorted and general service - what a great car.

When I bought the car the previous had uprated wheels and lowered suspension fitted, other than that its OEM.

I am in a dilema right now. I have moved back to the Alps - been here since 2001 but spent the last 18 months in Cheshire. As the S2 is a UK reged model, I am in two minds as to bring it out to the alps with me, store it in the UK to use instead of a hire car when I visit, or sell. (the last option I dont really like).

So, what do you think? Migrate, Store or Sell.

If I keep it I wil be keeping things mostly to OEM, although I do fancy a new full exhaust - suggestions?

Oh, the lower door cill rubers are awful, anyone have experience fixing these or loosing them entirely?

Thanks!

Nick

Here are some pix, hope these work!

Comment

Nice to see an avant getting some love! I can't think of a better car to have in the alps
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Easy, get a LHD ABY Avant for the alps.

Comment

very nice car that! keep it and store it so you get to enjoy it at its best and the alps weather don't ruin your hard work.

Comment

Wheels look stunning on the car

and Hello!
            1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
            1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
            BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Hi and from one newb to another, good choice of forum!.
              Very nice & knowledgeable bunch here, glad I joined thats for sure.

As for your car........firstly, nice job on the paint, looks cracking now. As for whether to keep/sell/export....If you can afford to and dont need it in the alps with you, store it up. Its an investment. Will only appreciate in value!

Comment

S2`s cannot possibly loose money, i been following avants for 6 yrs now an they NEVER drop below current value........... or id have one!
                1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Last year I lived in Annecy (near Chamonix) and I went with my S2.....Best decision ever!!!

Bring it and enjoy snow dude!!

Comment

thanks for the replies! Yes, I would love to have it out here in the alps. It was here for a year before I had to go back to the UK. Prob in my town is a small minoirity of locals like to smash UK reged motors, my wing mirrow was properly abused last time.

Oh Im mising the S2 though, theres only so much youtube can do! Have a td5 defender 110 here with me, so looks like some offroading up an Alp to ease the pressure - not the same though...

Comment

oh, prob the wrong forum, but if anyone is interested in a Bowler Wildcat PM me..

Comment

Working...
                      X