No announcement yet.

Greetings from the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys quick update. I have now acquired all the needed parts for the 20vt swap, sans downpipe. Will probably do the swap in December.

My paint guy flaked so it looks as if I'll be sporting a dinged up coupe for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
      Lot's of good people on here to help you but make sure you wallet is full

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by ((A.V.))mk-1 View Post
        Hey guys quick update. I have now acquired all the needed parts for the 20vt swap, sans downpipe. Will probably do the swap in December.

My paint guy flaked so it looks as if I'll be sporting a dinged up coupe for some time.
        At least you won't be afraid to park it near other cars then!
        Welcome to the forum
        Post lots of pictures for us to drool over.
        1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
        2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
        2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Quick update:

3b is in, 5x112 swap is under progress, s2 bumper is being repaired.

Start in T minus - 3 weeks? maybe...

Comment

Well done on seeing it through.

Comment

Thought you guys might like to see this . My S2 clones first start, still A LOT of work to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijoX...ature=youtu.be

Comment

now dont stop working

Comment

Wow last post was more than a year ago!! Just a few things have chagned since then...

I present:

Attack of the clone!

I also broke a c5 for the 01e 6 speed, and ordered a k24-7400. This winter my little clone will see quite a few nice improvements.

A big thank you to everyone that helped along the way!!!

Comment

coming along nicely. More pics of the build please
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Here is my build thread has a few more pictures:

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.p...85b3055a00766b

Comment

Hey all - I posted this in my build thread but was hoping you could help with an issue I just cant sort. The info is below:

So I am seeing a strange cooling system issue:

I noticed that during cool evening drives with minimal (or no) hard driving the fan would still kick on at lights. I noticed that I only had high speed fan funciton, due to this issue I replaced the fan with one that gave me both speed one and speed two.

after that I could not get the thermostat to open and the fan was still running what I considered to be too much. The radiator was hot at the top - and the top hose appeared to be filled with air, so I cracked the bleeder and got the fan to cycle like it had been, but the system would not purge coolant from the top of the radiator.

I felt the top hose - blistering.
                        I felt the bottom hose - stone cold.
                        I felt the radiator - only the top cap was warm the rest of the radiator was as cold as the bottom hose.

I also noted that the over flow nipple in the expansion tank was constantly purging.

Although I had already checked the thermostat I decided to take it out to rule out a blockage some where else in the engine. Once the thermostat was out I was finally able to get the system to pressurize (read - dribble out of the bleed port on top of the radiator). So - I took the car for a long and arduous drive through east canyon. Fan never kicked on one time.

I get the car back home - and now the turbo seems to be wet with coolant on the top of the core. I am really stumped here.

Looking at this diagram:

http://12v.org/urs/CoolingSystemSchemat ... s_REV2.jpg

The arrows seem to dictate that the top of the turbo is for return coolant to the head. I have new feed and coolant lines to the the turbo, I was thinking maybe they were clogged - but that is not the case. I am failing to see how removing the thermostat moves the point of weakness to the turbo.

after all that info maybe you guys can help me figure why:

1) With thermostat in the top radiator tube/ cooling system will not purge

2) Why without the thermostat the system purges but now turbo gets wet with coolant
                        Last edited by ((A.V.))mk-1; 22 October 2016, 14:19.

Comment

I don't know the answer, but I'd disconnect the radiator top and bottom and run a hose pipe of water through the radiator to make sure it is not fully or partially blocked ?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Comment

Working...
                          X