Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks a bit sorry for itsself and that ashtray

Comment

there is much work to do on the car,i hope you bought it cheap!
      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
      AEM W/M injection

Comment

It might be worth checking that its not the remains of some one in the ash tray (there ashes!!)

Comment

Well, maybe too much money for a car like that in this "visual' condition, but it seems the mechanic is nice, btw yesterday when VAGcom checking i saw it's a Motronic with MTM chip 303 PS 4 koni yellow i can put on my silver S4, etc.....

Anyway it seems now the 20VT are very interesting as the seller got phone calls from 4 corners of France (Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon, Vosges area....) now i think the value of S4/S6 here on our market for 500/1000 euros is over sadly

Yes Simon must check if i found little bones lol
          sigpic

Comment

welcome
            as said
            sigpic
            Cab 2.3E
            90q
            URS6

Comment

thanks slacky :-)
              sigpic

Comment

now I'm sandwiched
                sigpic
                Cab 2.3E
                90q
                URS6

Comment

Well some update here,
                  I have bought an Audi GT 2.2 KV from 12/87 in white, the engine & gearbox are outside of the car, so i'll look at this puzzle in the future years lol

and put a 26mm swing bar on the GT 86 2.2 Kv :-) repainted with cold epoxy

that's all for the moment ;-)
                  tof
                  sigpic

Comment

big update on my GT 86 2.2 Kv,

first i put convertible wheel (need to make holes in the Momo hub) thanks to QuattroNick from some help ;-)

and like you can see on this pic.... i have change inside of my car (seats..)

Why ? the principal reason is i'm fed up this "b*lls scratch' seat clothes (even if i'm not driving nude in my car lol) so idea come to me to put the clothes of my 90Q B3 with gentle and nice color velours :-)

Let's start :

need to cut all this staples who keep the clothes in place

Lookslike the typ89 seat foam are more big than typ85 one. Great i like when it's bigger )

put in place on typ85 steel armature

for this part i try to use rylsan collar, anyway i'm not happy with it, so i order from Audi the genuine staples. you'll see i have repaired the front driver seat with ductape and put now in passenger side to avoid damaging again the side

some days later staples are here, so let's going on again

& here in my head i said (in French of course lol) : Well are you sure, go back to check up in other GT to be sure (5/6 times )

I have preference for typ89 parts, however i have only one

sadly the 'arm' is not compatible between typ89 & 85, need to find a solution, so i put the typ85 arm for now

Of course bowden broken cable is replaced

some welding try (i'm a newbie & zero for that !) & painting for rust protection

I change by the way all this 'coulisseau' by new ones, sadly this transparent part is broken & not on sale, you can find only the typ89 one, so ....

... we must resize the hole to adapt typ89 one's, thanks to Dremel

other side no problem

Ok but the rear seat ?? ok the seat backrest is near plug&play (near to bend the metal part behind) & a little more longer, the sitting bench (not sure about this words, Google translation)is another story

Actually because the car is the one i drove to pick up the children at school, i must replace the old seat

the typ89 one's is more thicker

Ok let's go what i have in my stock to adapt, and found some aluminium square
                    cutting; some tries, & i put some foam roll to protect underneath & stainless stuff

Well i dont like chrome, so idecided to paint in black
                    some of this parts are not yet installed on the car for the moment

ordering alu rivets at good size

i put this part i have in stock in better condition than the one in place, put some grease on

clean the rails of 30years old grease

new grease

Hop ! voilà

Like you can see there are holes on the side of front seats near the handbrake, typ89 & 85 haven't the parts in the same area so i'll find same clothes to put on to fill this holes. will be the same for the aluminium behind, i know someone who will trade with me a typ89 starter with complete clothes from his typ89 2.0 junkyard car

i'll put this clothes on doors trim too of course

by the way i put new rubber pedals pads

& some cleaning

a faster cleaning of engine bay

some problems is the color is faded by sun in some areas but i'm ok with that

because the seat backrest is more high, we can seen yellow foam from behind, but i'll find a solution to hide this

so it was a big job, sure you can do better than that (especially if you start with a typ89 coupeinterior, me it was a typ89 sedan) but it's ok for me

future will be to replace 3x jauges by typ89 jauges better look for me :-)
                    to be continued..

tof
                    sigpic

Comment

Good work on the interior, I prefer velour cloth instead of the tweed in the type 85 cars just like you. Want to go for the same grey velour in my 90q.

Comment

you did a nice job,looking good
                        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                        AEM W/M injection

Comment

thanks for your nice comments guys ;-)

by the way i forgot, i have found & come back last friday with an incomplete Audi coupe B4 V6 2.8 FWD, great stuff in it for my cq typ85 aan project

sigpic

Comment

Nice work on the seats. I need to change the plastics on my rails as there is some play on them
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

thanks Greg, for the plastic on the rail, the new ones (from Topran or others)are much more little than genuine one so the fitting is not perfect but better than used one
                              sigpic

Comment

well i forgot to say i have found another car forparts Audi 90 coupe 1990 NG

erm.. it seen my last son enjoy the car lol

& started to part out the Audi 100 s4 automatic, what a PITA when the car is completely rusted

Tof
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X