Long Term S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tridac View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but I think mine is past recovery in some areas. I had it restored in a local body shop a couple of years ago, but as they pointed out at the time. the laquer coat is breaking away in places. You can see it in the photos, off side rear quarter. It must have had some body repair with the original owner at some stage and only had a partial respray, with added laquer coat. There's no obvious damage repair in the boot area, though one of the rear light clusters was letting in water slightly when I first got it. Lamp cluster a bit off line, which I fixed with silicon rubber sealant.

Once I get all the mechanics refurbished a complete resray seems the only long term solution to bring it back to original condition and the car deserves it, so saving pennies for some time next year.

As for the dials, strange that it's the speedo that has the most peel, but there's a damp patch on the drivers floor area that may account for it, as the speedo is nearest to the A post. Perhaps the sunroof drains are blocked ?. Something else to investigate and fix...

If you have lacquer peel, that is definitely the end! Respray only. Good luck.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Pics please

Comment

S2 Dials Etc...

The replacement dials from K24racing / Rusty arrived yesterday and fitted, making the display good as new. Replaced all the bulbs and the broken odometer gear as well, so all that’s needed now is a new lcd display for the onboard computer. All the required bulbs now work, with lamps for functions I had forgotten about, but lighting is equal intensity and consistent across all the dials..

Both subframes cleaned and waxoyled by brush. No rot, just surface rust. Still have to remove the power steering fluid tank, flush out and clean the system, then mot sometime next week all being well. Only fly in the ointment as a brake light warning from the autocheck, even though all the bulbs are working ?, but maybe a loose crimp on the wring somewhere…

Comment

Working...
        X