Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a newbie

Hi all there!
    My dad left me Audi S2 and this car is completely new for me.
    I'm in need of advice concerning some tuning tips and any possible upgrade.
    At the moment I'm thinking about changing tyres and rims, making some paint work.
    I would be grateful for any advice.

Some people are just so lucky! Welcome. Be aware, that this forum is addictive, as is 20vT ownership.

As for tuning, bang for buck - RS2 package (turbo, manifold, injectors, remap).

Comment

I wonder if you realise how fantastic present your dad gave you

Comment

Pictures please, start doing overtime now to save for all the running costs and upgrade bills

Comment

1st upgrade: better brakes

Comment

Some pics and details about the car would be a good place to start. If you're not sure exactly what you have, the forum members will be more than willing to help. Based on your location, I'm sure there will be someone local who may help you too.
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Your first post and your already changing things So it begins the slippery slope to modifications The famous words are ??? Someone else can tell you what one. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Comment

Exactly that-I was only going to do remap and nothing else,and here I'm-thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours later and I'm still not done.

Comment

Wow, so many answers! Thank you all!
                    I'll try to send some pictures a little bit later, but at the moment can specify some items that I'd like to change.
                    Well, this golden handshake called Audi Coupe has such quirks: troubles with brakes (cause it's a common thing, as far as I can see). Really poor handbrake. I've read that it may be caused by seized cables or calipers. Does anyone know the solution to this issue?
                    it has 2.2-litre turbocharged engine and I dunno whether to change it or it's impossible to be done.
                    Worn tires of the 205/55ZR16 size, alloys 7,5*16.
                    So I face smth like that.
                    It's very important for me to preserve this car as it is but in the improved condition.
                    I'll be grateful for your suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliza View Post
                      Wow, so many answers! Thank you all!
                      I'll try to send some pictures a little bit later, but at the moment can specify some items that I'd like to change.
                      Well, this golden handshake called Audi Coupe has such quirks: troubles with brakes (cause it's a common thing, as far as I can see). Really poor handbrake. I've read that it may be caused by seized cables or calipers. Does anyone know the solution to this issue?
                      it has 2.2-litre turbocharged engine and I dunno whether to change it or it's impossible to be done.
                      Worn tires of the 205/55ZR16 size, alloys 7,5*16.
                      So I face smth like that.
                      It's very important for me to preserve this car as it is but in the improved condition.
                      I'll be grateful for your suggestions.
                      Handbrake issues are common on all old Audi's I guess. Thankfully, C4's still have new HB cables available from Bosch. The rest, as far as I've checked, only have OEM cables available which cost a fortune. Usually the cable gets damaged with time and gets water inside. Gets rusty and seizes. Other thing are the calipers themselves. Either the pistons or handbrake axis inside the caliper. So just go on disassembling and check the parts.

I guess most of the folks here would advise against removal of the legendary 5-cylinder. Better to upgrade it...

Comment

Hi Eliza welcome to the forum.
                        With the handbrake I'd start with checking the cables as they get stiff to operate and make the handbrake as good as useless I managed to free mine up by taking them off the car cleaning them out with spraying wd40 or similar through them till I wasn't getting rust coming through the other side then a bit of spray grease not a permanent solution but the handbrake has been strong for a year since doing that. Brakes in general would appreciate a front discs and pads upgrade the tried and tested route is the A8 323mm discs with Porche 996 calipers works well but think you'd need larger alloys 17" being minimum all this is well documented on here. The engine I would personally keep however it is possible to swap it but the I5 20V turbo is a great engine strong and tuneable hope this helps

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can buy replacement handbrake cables from Euro car Parts or GSF. Not expensive for a pair of them, however you may need to take some of the old grommets off you old ones and move them to the replacements. I think I also cut off some bits of mounting rubber which weren't required for the S2 coupe.
                          91 Modded 3B

Comment

I brought a pair of handbrake cables from euro car parts they didn't fit the coupe think they were for the saloon models

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos0211 View Post
                              I brought a pair of handbrake cables from euro car parts they didn't fit the coupe think they were for the saloon models

Mine looked like they were for the non quattro coupe, but they were identical length and fitment at each end. They had large black rubber mounts which looked like they were intended to run through trailing arms. I think they were Pagid items from memory.
                              91 Modded 3B

Comment

Working...
                              X