Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous experience wanted!!

Hello,

Is anybody in here that has any experience with building a NOS kit to a S2 (or similar)? I want to know anyhing from anybody.

greets.
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

I bought a N2o kit at the weekend for My S2

Best bet is to speak to Wizards of Nos.

They are in Doncaster, they do have a forum as well, cant remember URL at the moment

I'm fitting my kit tonight, but due to turbocharged air being so hot etc the cooling of the nitrous gives extra gains.

Also due to the Ignition system on the ABY engine its all good enough for high powered N2o Systems.

Will post pics and other details as soon as i'm able to

All a bit vague there i know, cant think straight at the mo cos i'm at work
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Not being funny here - but do these fabled 'Wizards of Nos' have anything more than the faintest clue about the S2 engines ?

I would advise against this as the potential to damage your engine is very real. Used correctly in some suitably prepared cars under sufficient monitoring and it could have some gains for the drag strip but I personally think its a waste of time and money for road use on a car like ours.

A safer way to reduce heat soak is to fit a bigger intercooler. The item from the RS2 (along with the correct pressure pipe X-member) is a bolt in replacement for a 3B or ABY. Then add some chips for ~430Nm of torque and 280bhp. No nitrous bottles or oddball controllers required.

Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hm. The risk is too high because :

1) The are no serial kit for any 5 cyl engines on the market. Even Holey don't offer such.
        2) I don't know any s2,rs2 that have such a kit fitted.
        3) You will not pass TUV in germany with such a kit fitted , dunno about MOT in UK.
        4) Do you really need that 5-10seconds power gain with such a danger of blowing your engine ?????

You really need a guru to install this kit. Hope you know what you are doing.

Agree with Paul about spending that money on chips and other upgrades. But I do interested in process/result of your NOS install.

Cheerz.
        Last edited by Sweeper; 7 July 2003, 14:42.
        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I understand your concern about engine damage. And I'm sorting that bit out as we speak. I'm replacing crank bearing with RS2 ones, gaskets from the RS2 and a couple of other things like reinforced rods and pistons. So at the end there's a serious engine capable of some extra punishment like NOS.

So the basics are pretty much sorted.
          Then the RS2 manifold and intercooler and injectors fuel-pump are sometings I'm still looking for (anyone?........)
          So I want my advantage on the track in quarter mile secs. And a good solution is Nos, just for those moments.

It's not that I'm complaining about the performance, but like you all know, you get used to the awesome power the souped-up S2's have. So maybe I can find myself in the nitrous and kick some more asses on the track

thanks
          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
          High Octane website

Comment

Jeffer,

The NOS won't provide any decent gain on its own - it is revised ECU mapping that you need to increase boost and adjust the fuel and timing to suit.

What spec are you looking for in terms of torque and power ?

Then we can talk about what mechanical mods need to be done - although obviously the more the better (within limits of your bank account).

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

First of all a greeting to everybody and my compliments for the new forum to the owner/creator and all the administrators.

Going to the nitrous oxide topic, I wouldn't be so peremptory in rejecting this system.
              As I've already said in the old forum, some time ago, I had my own experience with nitrous oxide some years ago when NOS systems were totally unknown here in Italy.
              Main problem over here is total illegality of system and problems in availability of N2O.
              Of course the system must be designed and tuned properly not to damage the engine (main risk is to apply too much torque in the low rpm range than that actually manageable by the engine).
              Apart from some "management" problems (too short lasting for my taste and for my driving style ) if well tuned it could give some big gain in the lower rpm range, before turbocharger starts making some real boost.

Marco

Comment

Hi,
                well I want asmuch as possible ofcourse, but like you said my account isn't unlimited, or else I'd be driving a RS6.

Ill tell you what I want. Is around 450 to 500 hp's. I'm now converting my 3B engine with hi-end stuff, so it's more capable to work under those truck loads of force. like i said before. Then I'm looking for the rs2 stuff like I said before. Cilinderhead is being worked on, and a camshaft of a 7A engine.

I now got a digitec ecu-chip, but Mihnea is going to do a re-mapping on that ecu when the engine is finished, and he's probably going to take care of the ignition.

And then there are some more things to do. Oh and I got a RS2 turbo K26
                greets,
                RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                High Octane website

Comment

btw.
                  In holland it's not a problem to have a NOS system (in working order) in your car.

RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                  Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                  High Octane website

Comment

For ACCURATE information follow this link to a NOS forum and speak to a guy called Trev...

With over 20yrs of NOS experience etc I think he is more likely to give better opinion to the application, gains and pitfalls of NOS.

Nos Forum

Oh and for peoples information, i've seen an S2 and S4 running NOS and gains were phoneminal...
                    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                      Not being funny here - but do these fabled 'Wizards of Nos' have anything more than the faintest clue about the S2 engines ?

Well ermmm they have done S2 engines before amongst hundreds of other cars they have done, so YES!

They arent some teenage cowboys who havent got a clue!

Was also on Top Gear, the NOS'd Jag that was on there, was theres, didnt see program but heard about it.

The guys there are VERY knowledgable, for what reason Paul are you so dead against the idea of NOS, because for someone in to tuning cars and performance gains, you dont even seem in the slightest bit open minded, all you can do is run it down.
                      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Hi s2 ant,

keep me posted on your nos project. Good thing that your trying it. Did you do any hardware mods to your engine?
                        And I also think that 100 + HP (at least) is there at the push of the button.
                        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                        High Octane website

Comment

From what the guys know they recommend going no further than 50, maybe 75 as a straight shot, anything higher than this, then should use a progressive controller i believe.

The ABY engine (as it has no HT Leads) should have sufficient ignition capability for performance gains higher than this.

Altho dont forget, due to it being Turbo'd, the cooling induced by the N2o will give greater gains than that described by the injector (as that figure is merely a rough guideline) torque would be a better reading!

Hope to start fitting this evening, will take pics etc and post details and outcome etc as we go along
                          Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

For Info, i only plan on running the 25's maybe 50 as a method to overcome lag, not as my sole way of gaining power, i still want to go the route of chip, zorst turbo etc etc
                            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

And what kind of kit did you bought?
                              And how much ping ping?
                              RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                              Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                              High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                              X