No announcement yet.

Nitrous experience wanted!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kit was from the site i've linked to above.

Cost was 450 for the full kit and a polished 11lb bottle.

Also need to get another switch so that it only runs a certain boost pressures, as i only want it to run as an anti-lag mod, thus making my N2O last even longer. But also having an overide switch so that i can use it at any time (on full throttle of course!)
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

So your kit gives your engine a boost when driving before the point your turbo goes? And if it pressurizes then it shuts the NOS flow :confused:
      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
      RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
      High Octane website

Comment

You set it up so that the N2O only works on full throttle, but you can add an extra complication so that it only works under a certain boost level, therefore its only working to overcome the lag of the turbo.

Its full adjustable, or you could just run the car without that so that it works on full throttle whatever the boost

Of course there is also an "On/Off" switch so that it doesnt always run on the N2o when using full throttle.

That make sense?
        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

But you still have the original s2 k24 turbo? The turbo lag on that isn't that big! If it is there's something wrong
          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
          High Octane website

Comment

yes still standard, lag probably feels worse for me cos was used to driving my supercharged Golf before this.

So i notice it LOL, I will prob just run without the boost bit for now anyway.

As i say, your better off asking questions about NOS on a forum where people know what they are talking about.

Trev, Chip and Ant on the NOS board are all very knowledgable people, Chip i know personally and has owned countless cars, inc an S4 (with NOS) etc

Would highly recommend talking to these guys as they will have far more in depth knowledge and advice than myself, i can only pass on what i know from what i asked of them
            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna make a new threat on the NOS forum for a S2 kit
              And goodluck with your NOS kit a show me the pictures
              RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
              Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
              High Octane website

Comment

My conservative attitude on the use of N2O remains... I am not running it down - its just that it needs to be PROPERLY installed and controlled ALONGSIDE an ECU remap that has been done with this in mind in order to get the best and SAFEST gains.

Jeff's desire for 450-500bhp is easily obtained without Nitrous.

I just can't be arsed with a shiny bottle that needs refilling. In terms of 'bang for buck' I don't think it is optimal.

If you want N2O - then knock yerself out - each to their own etc etc

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Wasnt aware that was Jeffers's target power.

Nor was i laying in to you, was simply asking why your opinion of a method of tuning was so strongly against, as that is how it comes across
                  Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

hi

is that an Experienced opinion then?

i mean why do you need to have a remap and how long does the n20 last for?

regards, brian

Comment

In my opinion there isn't any need to remap ECU just for using N2O. Probably a well "for the purpose" tuned ECU may get some further benefit, but as far as my experience is concerned, the two systems can perfectly work separatly from each other.
                      N2O system has it's own nitrous injector + its own fuel injector (one each for every cylinder in advanced systems), could even have it's own fuel pump.
                      Eventual too aggressive low rpm advance isn't a problem as well, since the cooling effect of the N2O expanding+dividing helps a lot in knock control.

Marco

Comment

Crazy people. But yeah good luck.
                        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

To be fair, I believe that Wizards of Noz have installed/supplied nitrous for at least one ABY engined motor that I am aware of. This being Lee Wongs S2 engined Ur quattro and this still carries a write up on Kim Collins qst site

http://www.qstuning.com/ccasestudy1.asp

However beware, this engine has been extensively re-worked, with Carrillo rods, Mahle pistons, K27 turbo,software etc.

So perhaps there is a place for such an upgrade?

Although I would say that personally there are other avenues that I would explore/am exploring both hardware and software wise before I would consider nitrous, and then preferably only with some dyno sessions in the company of a Motronic re-mapping expert such as Paul or Mihnea.
                          This is not to say that I frown upon any one having a go at installing a system themselves (I'm into my second week of installing a rather large turbo and SQ ex-man in to my S2, buts thats another story) and as long as you learn from any mistakes made and share whatever wisdom you might gain. then go for it.

Nitrous is probably the last significant upgrade that I would go for at the moment but I will be interested to know how you get on, after all power corrupts, and I am easily corrupted.

Later, Mark.
                          Mark - Modded

Comment

The jury is still out for me - I'm no expert on Nitrous - it just makes me think of dumbass 'murrican sterotypical dragsters and hot rods that need rebuilt every weekend.

I just don't wanna be the guy who discovers the limits of nitrous in an ABY engine. If anybody else does and wants to share it all in glorious detail for the greater good then brilliant.

Paul
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

hi guys

so just one more question...

i dont have an audi, i have a calibra turbo 2.0 16v turbo, i think it is a lot weaker than your engines

i am considering upping the power from 204bhp to 320bhp with a chip (boost increased from 8psi to 22psi)

i also want to input 125bhp of n20

how long will it take to blow my engine apart????

regards, brian

Comment

100 meters
                                RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                                Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                                High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                                X